Cowboys vs Rams 2018 Playoff game replay

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Very winnable game. Very.

3 factors:

1) The Defense was unprepared and uninspired

2) The Cowboys were very physically beaten up headed into this contest after playing an ankle twisting/ dirty Seahawks team.

3) Our HC vs their HC

We almost lost to the Seahawks as well.

Why do you have Noah Brown in place of Cooper during crucial situations?

Why did we constantly run up the middle for no yards while they stacked the LOS?

Coaching is a big big factor. The reason why we almost lost against the Seahawks and got blown out by the Rams was that the players just stopped believing in their coaches. I don't blame them at all.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Got to attend this game, my first playoff game in person. Hung out on the sideline with Babe Laufenberg for a few minutes before the game. I also got to meet Peyton Manning and Rich Dalrymple that game.

Okay, now that my humble brag is over, this game is Exhibit A in just how bad Jeff Heath is. He was awful that game. Marinelli got exposed badly in that game as well and the worst part of that was, the team didn't self-scout and/or learn from it becuase teams followed that blue print in 2019.
Beat your man!

It was insanely ridiculous that was the philosophy. It makes me nuts.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'm going by memory here, because I don't have time to re-watch the game. I'm not a Dakophant, but I think he's serviceable, and capable of improving. But IIRC, he was probably the best Cowboy in this particular game, on offense or defense (Maybe Lee was good too?). Sure, he made some mistakes, but you can't reasonably expect one player to be good on every play, when there's so much bad around him.
1. No Gallup was the best Cowboy in this game

2. I never expected him to be good on every play.

3. My point was that his fanboys act like he was good in this game when be wasnt.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak also was the only one that really put us in a position to win. Where was Zeke? Where was our defense the entire game? Rams gashed us left and right. Yet we all want to focus on the little things Dak missed.
Position to win? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Cowboys were no where close to winning that game. They trailed most of the game bc Dak couldnt keep up with the Rams offense

HungryLion

Reaction score
Re-watch this game

Funny how you pointed to his passer rating but not game changing plays he made.

Even in the play I pointed out above, if Gallup catches and runs for another 20 yds, we score on that drive which wouldve been crucial considering we lost by one possession.

Instead, he throws behind Gallup, and gets sacked on the next play. Fans blame the o-line and overlook the play beforehand. Ongoing cycle with dak fans.

And bfor you start, yes I do acknowledge he made a great play to Cooper and Gallup.

1 1 09:44 DAL 29 7 3:41 71 Touchdown
2 2 13:40 DAL 17 4 2:20 21 Punt
3 2 07:00 DAL 25 3 0:55 5 Punt
4 2 03:27 DAL 19 9 2:52 37 Punt
5 3 15:00 DAL 25 3 0:53 3 Punt
6 3 10:03 DAL 25 9 4:43 75 Touchdown
7 3 03:10 DAL 23 8 3:18 42 Downs
8 4 07:16 DAL 25 12 5:05 75 Touchdown
Full Play-By-Play

I will watch it again when I get a chance. I’ll be honest. The only time I’ve watched it was live. And obviously when watching live emotion affects all our viewing.

Swagger

Reaction score
I watched the Seahawks playoff game again and forgot how much better Wilson played compared with Prescott. Wilson made so many difficult throws and kept them in the game ironically despite the coaching not helping him out. But people just remember the Prescott rushing TD and claim he willed the team to victory etc. It was a quality play but Wilson was the better QB for objective people who watched the game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I watched the Seahawks playoff game again and forgot how much better Wilson played compared with Prescott. Wilson made so many difficult throws and kept them in the game ironically despite the coaching not helping him out. But people just remember the Prescott rushing TD and claim he willed the team to victory etc. It was a quality play but Wilson was the better QB for objective people who watched the game.
Zeke carried us that game

Rams came in the game determined to stop Zeke and force Dak to beat them

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Right now on NFLN

The play right before this

cowboys.jpg

Dak throws behind Gallup on a simple 8 yard in. Troy even mentions if Dak hits the pass, Gallup runs for at least 20 yds after the catch.

They also mentioned him being 3 for 8 after starting off 5 for 5

#stopboxscorewatching

Ffwd to 1:00:45 to see for yourself

Anybody remember the Christmas kangaroo:laugh:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Position to win? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Cowboys were no where close to winning that game. They trailed most of the game bc Dak couldnt keep up with the Rams offense

LOL remove your Dak hatred blinders son. The only reason they were in striking distance was because of Dak.

The defense sucked.

Zeke sucked.

Coaching sucked.

And you go on blaming it was all on Dak.

Techsass

Reaction score
I actually watched a good bit of this today. Weird how pissed off I was watching it, when I already knew how the game ended.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL remove your Dak hatred blinders son. The only reason they were in striking distance was because of Dak.

The defense sucked.

Zeke sucked.

Coaching sucked.

And you go on blaming it was all on Dak.
Again, can we stop with the strawman. I never blamed in all on Dak.

I have been critical of this defense the entire Garrett era and not once have I said its all Dak’s fault.

All off-season Dak stans have brought up tweet after tweet with Dak’s numbers and how “he is a top qb”, and my stance has always been to put his numbers into context (something Dak stans refuse to do).

This particular game was actually on NFLN today and I happened to turn it on exactly at the part when he threw behind gallup lmao.

My main point is folks will look at the boxscore and say “dak played Well!!!l”, but when you watch the game, that wasnt nearly the case.

And im sorry but Dak “bringing this team back” from down 16 points late in the game does nothing for me because one can also argue the defense started getting stops as well, but we know they mostly sucked

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Again, can we stop with the strawman. I never blamed in all on Dak.

I have been critical of this defense the entire Garrett era and not once have I said its all Dak’s fault.

All off-season Dak stans have brought up tweet after tweet with Dak’s numbers and how “he is a top qb”, and my stance has always been to put his numbers into context (something Dak stans refuse to do).

This particular game was actually on NFLN today and I happened to turn it on exactly at the part when he threw behind gallup lmao.

My main point is folks will look at the boxscore and say “dak played Well!!!l”, but when you watch the game, that wasnt nearly the case.

And im sorry but Dak “bringing this team back” from down 16 points late in the game does nothing for me because one can also argue the defense started getting stops as well, but we know they mostly sucked

I think everyone has come to grip with Dak and his weaknesses and also his strengths. But I do know in that game that Dak was the least of our concerns.

I watched it a few times and Dak was the culprit.

Sure you want to make an arguing how others here praise Dak to the high heavens. But like I stated before, the defense, Zeke, and the coaching scheme made us lose that game.

Dak played well enough to win it. If we had stopped the run, stop running the ball up the middle, and stop being predictable on our plays, we would have had a chance.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Interesting. Replace Dak with Romo and it would still be accurate.

The question is why this has occurred and the answer is the same for both QBs. The hate is over-the-top absurd.

MikeB80

Reaction score
With a center that is now out of the league and a guard combo that is gone.

As successful as Woods was against Seattle, they clearly got arrogant. Every big run started with Woods getting killed.

They had no answer to it.

It might have been "one of those days" but flawed teams with flawed players with coaches unable to adapt, you get that.

Actually Woods was injured on the first series, he tore his labrum but had to play through it because they had no one else. The mgmt of this organization created a situation where woods was a starter and his backups were below nfl standards. They got killed up front because talent wise they were and imo still are poor on the line and are average at linebacker. when they finally got to the moment in the game where if the defense could make a stop and get the ball back Dallas could tie the game they caved and gave up the first down. Just like marinelli's defense did against the packers in 14 and the packers again in 16. The moment comes and the defense comes up small....over and over and over over.

marinelli and garrett had absolutely no business coming back after this game but again the mgmt of this organization has no idea what they are doing.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Actually Woods was injured on the first series, he tore his labrum but had to play through it because they had no one else.

I got into an argument with Stash about this months ago and ran the numbers. Before Woods got hurt Dallas held the Ram RBs to right at their season average (something like 4.7 ypc against a season average of 4.8, it was slightly under). After Woods got hurt the Rams RBs averaged something crazy like 7 yards per carry.

quickccc

Reaction score
bad enuff; to have to sit thru and re-watch a horrible run gap defense among the front seven.
...but even worse to see Tyron Smith and Conner Williams " allow " off the street fatso CJ Anderson
come over to OUR sideline bench, and comfortably sit his big butt down right between those ho-hum two.

Grrr, !! :mad: ...that's when i so missed the days of the Great Wall OL guys, with take no prisoners bully boys like Erik Williams,Kevin Gogan, Nate Newton and Larry Allen, ,,,or even a guy like Marc Columbo- who refuse to take jack-shhtt from loud mouths like Brandon Jacobs.

Here's hoping Lael, McGovern and Tyler Biadasz become Big E and Columbo types for us.. !
:clap:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes lets overlook the “most important“ player on this team’s performance because the defense was worse

Last time that I checked, the QB is still here and wanting to be paid $40m and those defensive coaches are gone/unemployed

So the run game is not just as important as the passing game? No mention of Zeke? 20 carries - 47 yards, 1 td. Why does he get no criticism?

Run game
Dallas 22-50 yards.
Rams 48-273 yards

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Wow, so difficult. He was playing the '84 Bears D. lol.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak played below average .
The defense played terrible .
Coaching was terrible

conclusion l
We don’t have an elite QB by any stretch . Hence the reluctance to give him a crazy 35 mil ++ . Dak couldn’t make a difference against good teams , not was he accurate when needed in 2018 -2019 .
Defense needs massive improvements , which the new coach is addressing , but need cap space to keep building it .