Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread***

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
First of alll, Goff had one year under Fisher and wasn’t even tagged the starter.

Second, Linehan has done more than an adequate job for Checkdown Charlie... this team plays it close on purpose with a QB that plays it close like in college.

He was the starter for weeks 9-16.

Linehan is one of the biggest problems we have on this team. Stop reaching.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It was too noisy to hear at the bar: What the Hell was that "In the grasp" call on Dak, giving the Rams a sack??

That was a BS horrible call. Your description is exactly what they called it. They were whistle happy, at the Cowboy's expense. I've heard of "In the grasp" before, but not often. And the call was obviously too premature.

khiladi

Reaction score
He was the starter for weeks 9-16.

Linehan is one of the biggest problems we have on this team. Stop reaching.

Yeah, but that’s not what I said. He wasn’t tagged as the starter his first year. He was forced into the job mid-season.

Linehan has dumbed down the offense for Checkdown Charlie..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was a BS horrible call. Your description is exactly what they called it. They were whistle happy, at the Cowboy's expense.
Again. They jumped on the whistle a few weeks ago too, giving the other team a sack, even though Dak threw the ball away.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
i don't f***ing care if I get a 30 or even 60 day ban

actually this year even a mother f***ing 90 day ban wouldn't matter because the 2019 draft class is irrelevant because we won't have a pick in the first 55

so i don't give a f***

the only thing that matters in my life is football and now that it's shot i f***ing want to die

Seriously bro, you need to take a step back and reevaluate your life if the Cowboys is all you have to live for.

Guess what? These players tonight that gave up a franchise record for rushing yards are all going on vacations now, same with the coaching staff. They are all getting extensions and are going to sleep like babies tonight.

They are all going back to their hot wives, their big mansions, and their sports cars until OTAs start up in May. They were all laughing and smiling congratulating the Rams after the game.

So if none of them are upset over the outcome, why are you? Why do you care so much when the coaches and players obviously dont?

lsg13

Reaction score
So it wasn't some type of obscure rule about our own OL holding him or some idiotic thing like that? It was just a ridiculously bad call?

No, the defensive player had a hand on Dak's helment and Dak was being held by one of the Cowboys offensive linemen so I guess the two equal in the grasp... stupid call.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They did a great job of it! McVay has a great offensive mastermind. I would love to see him go up against NE.
I want to see just ONE FRIGGIN' GAME that isn't severely altered by bad officiating. I'm not saying we would've won, but the drive killing BS calls take all the fun out of the game.

But yeah, their blocking schemes destroyed our D-line, and Goff's fakes had us chasing the wrong guys.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Yeah, but that’s not what I said. He wasn’t tagged as the starter his first year. He was forced into the job mid-season.

Linehan has dumbed down the offense for Checkdown Charlie..

Neither was Dak until Romo went down in a preseason game. Who cares when Goff started? He was a starter mid-season just like Dak during those weeks. Cutting hairs, don't you think?

How do you know Linehan has "dumbed" down the offense? Has he been successive anywhere he's been?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Trenches lost this one on both sides. We played pretty well despite getting killed upfront all night.

Not disappointed really tonight. We played a good game, just missed a couple big plays and were mistake free. Rams are just a better team.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I want to see just ONE FRIGGIN' GAME that isn't severely altered by bad officiating. I'm not saying we would've won, but the drive killing BS calls take all the fun out of the game.

But yeah, their blocking schemes destroyed our D-line, and Goff's fakes had us chasing the wrong guys.

Agreed! The false starts the Rams got away with was really infuriating.

The Rams played well and my hat goes off to them.