Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread***

J_Robinson

Reaction score
Dude, why are you still here?

You won, congratulations...…………...now if you are here to talk smack and "rub the Cowboy's nose it it", then just leave.

Well, when one of your peeps throws a cheap shot as observed, you don’t expect some sort of response? Sure.

J_Robinson

Reaction score
Goff is a solid young QB but he was 15-28 passing. The rams won this game by dominating the trenches. Congrats but relax on Goff “ carrying the Rams”.

No one said he carried them. He didn’t have to; but he’s had multiple games this season where he has, as he’s more than capable.

Carson

Reaction score
No one said he carried them. He didn’t have to; but he’s had multiple games this season where he has, as he’s more than capable.

Any interest in a Prescott / Maliek Collins for Jared Goff / Aaron Donald deal?

I feel like you wouldn’t be giving up enough though

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You made some good points. We got beat by a better team. There are cheap shot artists here, like everywhere. Don't lose credibility by stooping.

rags747

Reaction score
Dak’s the truth....Romo lovers are stil butt hurt.

He went into this game with a makeshift oline, no slot wr, his TE playing on a high ankle sprain, the run game was non existent and he was one possession away from winning.

We all know Romo throws a pick and fumbles in the first half of this game and gets blown out.
Ok Hater

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
You could definitely see how important it is to have a bye week with home field advantage last night. Maybe we will reach that point some day again. Go Cowboys

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I'm not sold on that either. From the film breakdown I was watching the other day, they design plays in which their receivers all end up in the same area, to make it easier for him to see them, rather than go through progressions. He may be a better passer than Dak, but I don't know if he'd be any better in this offense than Dak is.
A lot of truth to this. Goff didn’t do much at all and didn’t have to. All they needed to do was keep running the ball.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So it wasn't some type of obscure rule about our own OL holding him or some idiotic thing like that? It was just a ridiculously bad call?
the call was bad , pierra in the booth said it should not be called there.
thing is they blew the whistle and stopped the play so cant challenge it.
collins grabbed dak to pull him away from defenders, but I have never seen that before.
That may have caused the call ref may have thought a defender had hold of him too.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That did not work for the Cowboys in 2007 and 2016.
JG was OC and asst HC in 2007 and HC in 2016, He just cant compete in playoffs.
so now jones boys will extend him and give us another decade of this same stuff, it will be like that movie with bill murray
just repeat every year, only jg wont change anything.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A lot of truth to this. Goff didn’t do much at all and didn’t have to. All they needed to do was keep running the ball.
right, dak had better rating and more yds better passing stats, but funny thing is Goff out rushed him going 6 for 12 yds,
dak had 2 for 3 yds lol.

we didnt run read option at all. Game plan for dallas was a joke, and game plan by rams was brilliant and a surprise to everyone.

anyone here think the rams would run 48 times before the game ??? I didnt.

robertfchew

Reaction score
the call was bad , pierra in the booth said it should not be called there.
thing is they blew the whistle and stopped the play so cant challenge it.
collins grabbed dak to pull him away from defenders, but I have never seen that before.
That may have caused the call ref may have thought a defender had hold of him too.

It’s called making up the rules as they go. How is it that it happens to Dallas every year? They still wouldn’t have won but why keep pulling that junk

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I was at the game last night and just drove back to Phoenix today so I missed a lot of the posts.

What's everyone's opinion on the weird in-the-grasp call?

Also, just before the 2-minute warning before halftime, Zeke ran out of bounds with about 2:16 left..but the clock kept running. He was literally doing his "feed me" celebration on our own sideline. It's bad that the refs missed this, but where was our coaching staff? That should have been caught and corrected.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was at the game last night and just drove back to Phoenix today so I missed a lot of the posts.

What's everyone's opinion on the weird in-the-grasp call?

Also, just before the 2-minute warning before halftime, Zeke ran out of bounds with about 2:16 left..but the clock kept running. He was literally doing his "feed me" celebration on our own sideline. It's bad that the refs missed this, but where was our coaching staff? That should have been caught and corrected.

You’ll never believe it, but the board actually agreed unanimously that it was the right call.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You’ll never believe it, but the board actually agreed unanimously that it was the right call.
I watched again. I don't see how. The guy was pulling at his helmet. Only Collins had him "in the grasp". Dak's strength is his ability to break would be sacks and tackles.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Despite a few suspect calls, we simply gout out-coached.

The worst run defense in football took away our running game. Where's our adjustments? Why can't Linehan figure these things out?

On defense, they dominated the line. They negated Jaylon and LVE by running and faking the jet sweep and other motions. We have zero help from our safeties, ever.

In the end, we lost to a good team at home but why can't the most valuable franchise in sports go out and pay for a superior coaching staff?