Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

Dre11

Reaction score
I only had fits when that piece of trash reacted to fan pressure and jerry second guessing. If mike changes his approach in another 20-17 game on 4th and 3 he'll get my critique same way the COWARD did

lol....thats a stupid take, Garrett never reacted to fan pressure...lol he ignored it.

fweegy

Reaction score
Same pitiful garbage for 20 years. Garrett just gained 70 lbs and stopped clapping. We always hire D cords that are 120 years old. Baby face O cord learned his craft well from Garrett.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
its hard enuff to deal with a loss.
but that horse crap call is doubly tough to accept.

Indeed!! That was a ridiculous call!! We may be 1-0 if not for that. That said, we have a lot to tighten up. Still, not the end of the world. It's one game, and McCarthy needs some time to get accustomed to the way the players on this team are and what their strengths are. This team has a lot of young players, and there will be growing pains early. I saw quite a bit McCarthy can build on and that I think he will build on. Must perform better against Atlanta.

75boyz

Reaction score
The whole offseason was a sell job from the franchise and all the group thinkers who got so excited about a wr.

They blew it. They had a chance to make real change this offseason but the owners took the easy way again to not upset the apple cart.

This game tonight is one of the worst in years.

Not kicking that field goal was worse than anything we have seen here in awhile.

Babe Laufenberg just pointed out something so interesting...."when mike McCarthy stepped on the field every other time as a head coach he had the better quarterback"

This ain't hard. MM had 2 back to back 1st ballot HOF QBs in Favre and Rodgers whom his gaudy w/l record was earned off. If your QB evaluation lenses put Dak's skill set on an equal par with those 2, then I'm not sure what I can say, lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Also, on the bright side, Wentz looked MUCH worse than Dak today. At least Dak was on point with most of his passes.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Indeed!! That was a ridiculous call!! We may be 1-0 if not for that. That said, we have a lot to tighten up. Still, not the end of the world. It's one game, and McCarthy needs some time to get accustomed to the way the players on this team are and what their strengths are. This team has a lot of young players, and there will be growing pains early. I saw quite a bit McCarthy can build on and that I think he will build on. Must perform better against Atlanta.
season isnt over.
im amazed we didnt give up more points than we did...maybe they played better on that side of the ball than i thought.
we need to get back home...get a W and move on.

75boyz

Reaction score
To me it looks like Dak took a step back with his fundamentals over the offseason. I saw some pretty bad footwork in clean pockets and a lot of all upper body throwing.

That's who he is. Those are his factory settings. His default program.

snadler

Reaction score
I didn’t mind going for it on 4th down..I was more annoyed with the vanilla play calling in general..the refs still decided the final out come..and yes that’s very annoying, the one shot down field all game was the one the refs took away

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Man...that sucks. Guy just can't stay healthy...makes you wonder if the neck surgery is related in some way. Not sure where he goes from here. He was so good as a rookie....

Now we got another mess on the defensive coaching staff. Mike Nolan...for crying out load.

Trying to run a 3-4 defense....w/ 4-3 nickle personnel....I thought I'd seen it all....:rolleyes:

Hate to say it.....feels like a long season coming...

coogrfan

Reaction score
Next >
I guess the smack to Goff’s head that lead to a turnover gets a free pass. Can’t have it both ways There is no guarantee Gallup’s reception leads to anything just like there isn’t a guarantee the Cowboys are able to hold the Rams after a an obvious missed PF. Two big missed calls, have to move on

You keep repeating this as if you believe that a missed call and a blown call are one and the same (or for that matter, a call with 5:00 left in the 3rd and one in the final :30). They aren't.

If the refs want to let 'em play, fine. Just don't make a ticky-tack call in the final seconds that decides the outcome.

75boyz

Reaction score
Tried to warn Cowboy fans, Mac stumbled into a single SB appearance over 13 years with Hall of Famers at QB for every one of those sesaons.

Oh, and pretty sure GB is somehow 14-3 since moving on from Coach McCarthy.

You need to show back up again with all that empirical data supporting how poor MMs poor playoff defenses were that you posted for that brief period of time. I miss that dude. I believed ya and agreed with ya from the start, man.

Cheers bro