Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak has lost his clutch ness from his early seasons. Don’t know what happened.

Dak didn't make the decision to pass on a 30 yard game tying FG halfway through the 4th quarter.

By the time he got the ball back they were 90 yards away with 1 time out.

superonyx

Reaction score
The Jarwin injury hurts more than the loss itself. Just gave him a new contract, supposed to be the starter and now he may never be the same after an ACL injury. Losing LVE is whatever, we all knew that was a big possibility at any time but Jarwin is a killer
Especially since his backup had 2 easy catches go right through his buttery fingers.

Our offense will fundamentally change with Butterfinger Schultz in the lineup.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oh well, work beckons in the morning. Can't wait for next week's meltdown thread.

This organization is still dysfunctional. Nothing looked different tonight and Fat Mike's dumb decision was the biggest call of the game.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dak didn't make the decision to pass on a 30 yard game tying FG halfway through the 4th quarter.

By the time he got the ball back they were 90 yards away with 1 time out.
17 points pal. I’m not paying for that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Even though I had hope going into a new season with a new coach, something told me to hold my enthusiasm.
"These Boyz will break your heart."
Well, my heart wasn't broken because I kept it back.
This team hasn't change any.
Why do I feel Kellen Moore has been forced on Coach McCarthy?
The offense is STILL as predictable and STILL can't get guys open when we need them to be.
Maybe now our overly optimistic fans and know-nothing commentators will shut up about the Super Bowl.
Tiddy Bowl? Maybe.
Super Bowl? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Offense overall was unimaginative and boring, the defense was a cluster F and failed to properly adjust.

Disappointed with the team play overall and result but let's see how thing thing shakes out, way too early in a unique year to panic.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
except you left points on the field, and if it was called last year, you would've had a fit.
I only had fits when that piece of trash reacted to fan pressure and jerry second guessing. If mike changes his approach in another 20-17 game on 4th and 3 he'll get my critique same way the COWARD did

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm gonna state my official thoughts and then move on. This loss isn't worth lingering on.

My final thought is, this looked like a talented team who was playing after a shortened offseason where they got an entirely new coaching staff and then never played a single down together. I feel like the bones are there. I would not be at all surprised to see a very different team or game plan next week after the coaches have seen what players will/can actually do. You're gonna see a lot less of Jaylon in space being asked to make decisions and you'll see more downhill blitzing. I expect the tempo to pick up when Mike goes back and looks at tape. I expect the team to have Collins in tomorrow with the expectation he's not fishing, he's getting fit because this team needs him. I'm less worried about Connor Williams who, after a rough first half, performed much better in the second.

I wanted a dominating performance that put the last decade behind me, but this is pretty much what I expected. This is very talented Rams team and they have a lot of cohesiveness. It shown through tonight. I think the Cowboys are a more talented team, but the lack of chemistry and cohesiveness was a burden tonight. Tack on the injuries and some, we'll call it "confusing" officiating and you get a close loss.

Regroup. Reassess. Re-engage. 15 more games to go. Let's get it!

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Several obvious things I didn’t like..but they definitely get a mulligan on this one with me.
Lotsa different personnel this year. Gotta let things blend a bit.
Win or lose...Was sure great to see some Cowboy football. That’s a fact!
I’ll be patient....for a while.
Puro Cowboys