Cowboys vs. Ravens ***GAME THREAD*** 1st half

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we have all the pieces in place but a qb. we may need to sacrifice 2 years to develop a qb. hopefully the 3rd year we can make a run for the sb.

CPonder14

Reaction score
khiladi;2508973 said:
I blame Garrett, because he is suppose to reign his QB in. If your QB is out of rhythm, you try and get him in rhythm by going for quicker passes.

Who chooses the calls to go downfield?

If he didnt call those deep routes the Ravens would jump the short routes. Football 101

deepBLUE

Reaction score
garrett has called nothing...no screens, no 3 step drops...a delayed blitz keeps getting to romo because *** garrett keep calling 7 stop drops. is garrett really this stupid, or does he just want wade gone?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Clove;2508975 said:
I think it's time for Roy Williams to start bringing something to the table. Garrett should start aiming most passes at RW, and let's see what he can do. Because he WOULD be our number 1 if Owens were hurt or something, so let's see if we can focus more on him this next half.

RW is so overrated and it is hard for me to comprehend how people can see how bad he has been and continue to make excuse after excuse for him.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I would just once like to see Romo get mad at the way he and the offense play. Just friggin once.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Romo is creating his own dismissal from Dallas. He is throwing the season away tonight, and he must get it going. This offense is going nowhere fast and something has to improve and improve fast or else this season is over

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On that last interception, Romo threw that pass with all arm. He never even tried to step into that throw. Is he afraid of the pass rush? Understandably, he escaped the sack before throwing the ball, but he had time to set his feet before making the throw. Why did he throw it only with his arm? There was no zip on that pass whatsoever.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Clove;2508975 said:
I think it's time for Roy Williams to start bringing something to the table. Garrett should start aiming most passes at RW, and let's see what he can do. Because he WOULD be our number 1 if Owens were hurt or something, so let's see if we can focus more on him this next half.
Romo never looks Roy Williams way at all and it pisses me off. the only time he looked at him was when there was nothing there double coverage INT...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Eskimo;2508954 said:
Whoever decided to put this game in Romo's hands needs to change his gameplan ASAP.

We would better off just rushing Choice every play and seeing where they got us instead of Romo lobbing up soft ones for Ed Reed all-game long.

Any passes more than 15 yards should be stricken from the gameplan as of right now and Romo should be benched the next time he floats one of them. I don't know if it is his back, his hand or the cold weather affecting his grip but those deep balls are way too inconsistent coming out of his hand.

I vote for a big dose of Choice, Witten and Crayton in the second half. We need to use TO and RW11 as decoys.

Put the game in his hands. Hey moron, he is the QB. The game is always in our hands.

If he connects with TO, we go up 14-6 and we arent having this convo.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
Why we dont line up 4-5 wide with all the talent at WR we have is beyond me, spread the defense out and throw 5-8 yard passes.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Its more than Romo... Its also Jason Garrett. He is the dumbest play caller in the NFL. If your QB is struggling hand the ball to MB3 and Choice. Stop going deep hit the short routes. It just pisses me off at how dumb Garrett is

Bizwah

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2509002 said:
Romo never looks Roy Williams way at all and it pisses me off. the only time he looked at him was when there was nothing there double coverage INT...

I agree.

This is the type of game RW could really do well. I don't know why we don't throw slants his way. Anything.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What a disgusting performance by Romo. What a disgrace that he is playing like this during the final game at Texas Stadium.

An utter disgrace.

And please, someone, take Jason Garrett! Make him a head coach somewhere, anywhere, just not here!

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2508984 said:
I wouldn't go that far, but I am curious. Wasn't Drew Bledsoe benched because he was careless with the football? Romo right now isn't doing much better protecting the ball.

I have no faith in him. Sure he can make some plays, but I don't see him having enough consistency to win 3-4 games in the postseason. He's just not a clutch player.