Cowboys vs. Ravens ***GAME THREAD*** 1st half

khiladi

Reaction score
CPonder14;2508991 said:
If he didnt call those deep routes the Ravens would jump the short routes. Football 101

They are obviously playing over the top. Why do you think Romo is throwing INTs downfield? They aren't causing the safeties to bite or play closer to the line. Like I said, this is all on Garrett.

It is the same old song.

Bizwah

Reaction score
thisisepic;2509013 said:
Why we dont line up 4-5 wide with all the talent at WR we have is beyond me, spread the defense out and throw 5-8 yard passes.

That's what the Ravens have done. They've moved the ball well at times because they are taking some of those short throws.

We seem unwilling to do it.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Eskimo;2508954 said:
Whoever decided to put this game in Romo's hands needs to change his gameplan ASAP.

We would better off just rushing Choice every play and seeing where they got us instead of Romo lobbing up soft ones for Ed Reed all-game long.

Any passes more than 15 yards should be stricken from the gameplan as of right now and Romo should be benched the next time he floats one of them. I don't know if it is his back, his hand or the cold weather affecting his grip but those deep balls are way too inconsistent coming out of his hand.

I vote for a big dose of Choice, Witten and Crayton in the second half. We need to use TO and RW11 as decoys.

No ****!! Why do we always have to kill a drive with the long bomb????? Why cant they be happy with the dink and dunk??

It drives me crazy, we've killed two drives now going for the stupid bomb. I blame the play calling as much as Romo, but he does have to take what they give him, it just baffles me why this offense cant be happy with the short passes. Is this Garretts fault?