Cowboys vs. Ravens ***GAME THREAD*** 2nd Half

RedBull

Reaction score
Having been a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan, it pains me to make my first post on here after this embarrassing performance tonight. I doubt Jerry Jones has the balls to do it, but Wade Phillips should be fired TONIGHT. The remainder of the coaching staff should be fired at the end of the season. There is absolutely no excuse for a team with this level of talent to be in this position, and the blame falls squarely on the coaching staff. Poor discipline, poor focus, poor preparation, poor playcalling, and poor execution. I know it will never happen because of Jerry's ego, but the best thing that could happen to this team now is Jimmy Johnson.

Powerdad23

Reaction score
All 6 loses can be pinned on the secondary...especially the worthless safeties...Hamlin gave up 21 points himself...Dallas will never be a playoff team till they get a new secondary.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Demolish Texas Stadium, Jerrys recent teams have established the STINK of losing, maybe the new park will be different.

slomoxn

Reaction score
yes he did, late in the game when they had been fighting to maintain some kind of field position all game long. At some point they get tired, and the cracks start to show. Tony missed long throws at least 4 times that could have lead to scores and relieved the defense from being on the field. f nothing else don't make them play with their backs against the wall all night long with errant throws (romo) and b.s. play calling (garrett) forcing them to make the Ravens settle for field goals. What did you expect to happen. The offense could have at least put the Ravens on their own side of the 50 a few times to make it a little harder to move down field. Three and out spells doom in the field position type of game ala Bill Parcells. The D needed a break and Romo didn't give them one.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
slomoxn;2511130 said:
yes he did, late in the game when they had been fighting to maintain some kind of field position all game long. At some point they get tired, and the cracks start to show. Tony missed long throws at least 4 times that could have lead to scores and relieved the defense from being on the field. f nothing else don't make them play with their backs against the wall all night long with errant throws (romo) and b.s. play calling (garrett) forcing them to make the Ravens settle for field goals. What did you expect to happen. The offense could have at least put the Ravens on their own side of the 50 a few times to make it a little harder to move down field. Three and out spells doom in the field position type of game ala Bill Parcells. The D needed a break and Romo didn't give them one.

Bunch of BS.

The defense blew it. Plain and simple. I could see them being "Tired" and giving up 5-10 yards at a time, but back to back 75+ yard TD runs is not the offenses fault. Period.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is clueless.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2511165 said:
Bunch of BS.

The defense blew it. Plain and simple. I could see them being "Tired" and giving up 5-10 yards at a time, but back to back 75+ yard TD runs is not the offenses fault. Period.
Anyone that thinks otherwise is clueless.

Ken Hamlin....what a POS

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2511185 said:
entire team sucked balls except for Ware, Witten, Newman, and Owens!
pretty much'

everyone is taking sides on who blew it

was it romo? was it the defense?

well the answer is both its that simple.

the d played good early and choked late. had romo had not been so in effective one could argue we would have been up comfortable and never in the spot we were in

one could argue yeah he sucked early, but he brought us back and was only 1 defensive series away from leading us to victory until two terrible defensive meltdowns.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Well rack, whatever the reason we feel they lost it is all the same Bro, we are all heart broken and have a dozen freasons for the loss. My cousin from New Jersey who is a hard core D fan just text me. He is in Florida right now for work and is flying home early for the Philly game (his company has season passes at the Link). I just told him if our boys play like tonight he may as well stay and enjoy the sunshine cuz it will be mighty cold in philly. My head hurts. I need a drink.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
basilhayden;2510792 said:
Anyone who doesn't see that the defense kept them in this game until Romo got his head out of his keester is ********, or just a ridiculous Romo slobberer..

Yes the defense was amazing. For 3 quarters. Someone must have forgot to tell them that NFL games have 4 quarters.

Romo drove down the field, for TD, TWICE in the 4th quarter to pull us to within 2 points and the defense turned right around, on the next possessions, and promptly gave up 159 yards rushing and 2 TDs on TWO PLAYS.

I'm sorry, bro, but the defense, outside of Garrett's piss poor play calling, is the most to blame here.

Bob Sacamano;2510934 said:
I blame the loss on Romo, Garrett, the Dline, Ken Hamlin and Wade Phillips

*the guy in bold I blame the most

I can live with that. And I don't mind giving Tony his fair share of blame cause he started poorly and wasn't good until it was crunch time.

But that's the difference for me. In crunch time, when it mattered most, Romo was great. The defense, which was great for 3 quarters, was piss poor in crunch time. And Garrett was piss poor the whole way.