Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints post game thread***

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
With Romo we would get off to weak starts and then get things together. Without Romo we've been starting off pretty strong on both sides of the ball and then just falling apart. The O-line opens up some major holes and then disappears for a few quarters. The D-line pressures on an entire drive and then disappears. Nobody has been consistent. Our most reliable players at the moment are 1) Bailey, 2) Witten, 3) Claiborne. Even Lee is starting to get hurt every game. I'm just waiting for the inevitable with Lee at this point.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
weedon is afraid of getting hit.That is why he wont move up in pocket.

Not sure about being afraid. He took a big hit a game or two back waiting until the last second. I think he hasn't been trained to not do what is normal....move away from trouble. He needs to step up in the pocket.

BigD5

Reaction score
We just lost to the worst team in the league and people here think we're gonna beat the defending super bowl champs next week?

:lmao2:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not sure about being afraid. He took a big hit a game or two back waiting until the last second. I think he hasn't been trained to not do what is normal....move away from trouble. He needs to step up in the pocket.

he was on the 3rd and one in atlanta game when he just went down instead of running for the 1st, and I have noticed other times
he just likes to go down. he likes to see the hit coming and move away from it, and if he moves up in pocket he cant see a hit from behind.

He played better tonight, but he is hit shy.

John813

Reaction score
We would be 4-0 if Romo knew when to throw the ball away. Sigh

RunDMC

Reaction score
We just lost to the worst team in the league and people here think we're gonna beat the defending super bowl champs next week?

:lmao2:

Don't see what's so funny. Not like the Pats have beaten world beaters so far. They beat a Steelers team without Leveon Bell. A bills team with no QB. The Jaguars? :laugh:

Bring them on.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Don't see what's so funny. Not like the Pats have beaten world beaters so far. They beat a Steelers team without Leveon Bell. A bills team with no QB. The Jaguars? :laugh:

Bring them on.

Holla.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Wow weeden sucks, witten was open on 2 different possessions s, when weeden kept throwing the ball to Williams, 2 possible tds. I hate how this season played out, such a waste

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well no ****, of course Romo would have scored more points. But Romo is out, so what is your alternative? Cassel?

He might do a better job. But Jerry should have tried to find a better back up QB last off season instead of sticking with Weeden. There were better back up QB's that he could back gotten over Weeden in the off season.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Bring them on.

Unless Brady comes in and ends up playing one of the worse games he has ever played then I don't see us beating the Pats. Defense would have to play that game out of their minds because Weeden can't keep up with Brady if a high scoring game was needed to win.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He might do a better job. But Jerry should have tried to find a better back up QB last off season instead of sticking with Weeden. There were better back up QB's that he could back gotten over Weeden in the off season.

This is a major beef I have with the organization. Everyone could see Weeden just doesn't "have it", except for our FO and coaching staff. Then we get performances like we have seen the last two weeks. We still need a GM who is unemotional and treats this as a "business to win". Do you think Belichick would have kept Weeden after last year or after last weeks play. Weeden's play demoralizes the whole team.

canters

Reaction score
It was tough to watch Brees float,and I mean foat, some of his passes to open receivers. His arm is perhaps 50% of what it was, and he still was effective. Just hard to watch.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This is a major beef I have with the organization. Everyone could see Weeden just doesn't "have it", except for our FO and coaching staff. Then we get performances like we have seen the last two weeks. We still need a GM who is unemotional and treats this as a "business to win". Do you think Belichick would have kept Weeden after last year or after last weeks play. Weeden's play demoralizes the whole team.

Weeden is 6th in the NFL in passer rating, 1st in completion percentage, and 3rd in yards per attempt. Stop embarrassing yourself.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez said:

I agree with that, being content with Weeden was a big mistake. I would have preferred they had signed Cassel in the off season and he would already be playing. I don't think Cassel will play against the Patriots, he might play against the Giants

John813

Reaction score
All I hope for is that the coaching staff takes the training wheels off Weeden.

Air it out, stop playing super conservative on offense the majority of the game.

Even if the Saints were in prevent defense, the offense looked so much better with Weeden throwing it deep(er).