Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints post game thread***

aria

Reaction score
I really wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. Is it valid? yes, but that means it's also valid for every other team.

Just stop, it's pathetic and a weak way to try and justify every loss.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
weedon is afraid of getting hit.That is why he wont move up in pocket.

He's not very mobile and I don't trust him to step up into the pocket, not fumble the ball or throw an unwieldy interception.

He wasn't great by any means last night, but I don't expect even that much from a backup (still averaged 9.5 ypa and had a 109 QB rating which is excellent).

Like I said last week, we have FAR larger problems on defense. Especially with Church, Carr and whomever plays the SAM backer. It's basically our entire strongside of the defense. I gave them some benefit of the doubt last week due to the injuries, but once again they showed up and killed us again. And I don't know what they are thinking when the Saints overload that right side and they refuse to bring defenders over. That's on Marinelli.

YR

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We just lost to the worst team in the league and people here think we're gonna beat the defending super bowl champs next week?

:lmao2:

Why not? We are going to be using over inflated balls, and we are going to be listening in on their play calling through the sound system.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We would be 4-0 if Romo knew when to throw the ball away. Sigh

Romo had no time to throw the ball away. He wasn't in a position to throw the ball away. He was bobbling the ball and rolling to his left.

It happens. Let it go.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dude, we just lost to the winless Saint's who even Payton says are in rebuilding mode............they are seriously one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the entire NFL and we just lost to them.

Do you realize they have more rookies playing on defense than any other team in the NFL and we just lost to that?

New England is going to laugh at us between TDs as they run the score up.

We have tons of injuries and players out on suspension. When the Saints play us is their superbowl. Doesn't matter ranking any team can win any Sunday, they are professionals.

Keep thinking however you want, I will be sitting back and smiling when we upset the Patriots

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
That punk Bobby Hebert called us the c-girls twice in 10 seconds as soon as he hit the air, he never calls the teams in the Saints own division by their offensive nicknames and saves all his bitterness for Dallas (a non rival). Maybe if he and obviously the Aints players cared as much about the teams in their own division as they do Dallas, they might have more than 3-4 decent seasons in their awful franchise history

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thats your opinion and your free to feel however you want as I'm free to my opinion. To say I'm dreaming because I disagree with you is crazy.

I'm saying our defense will improve because of the talent we get back this week. You want to crown new England do that but we can win any game on any Sunday.

That being said since you believe we are so terrible and have no chance this season please exit to the right and go north east to you reach New England and cheer for them the rest of the season. I will continue to cheer and enjoy the Cowboys proving people wrong

You said you didn't agree with a single thing I said in my previous post. You don't agree that Lee has to pass his concussion protocol and that his status for next week is up in the air? You don't agree after watching Dunbar gingerly walk off the field that he could miss next weeks game? He's been one of the teams best players this season and it will be a huge loss if he can't go. The talent the Cowboys will get back haven't played all season and it's going to likely take at least a couple of games for those players to get back into the flow. Although we'll be adding some talent we may lose our most talented and best defensive player in Lee if he can't go. The Cowboys defense has had issues against the run and the pass. Brees who wasn't even 100% shredded the Cowboys for 359 yards and 2 TDs. He completed 80% of his passes the Cowboys were defenseless against him. I'm giving you an honest opinion of the current state of the Cowboys and if you can't handle candid opinions about the team then feel free to put me on ignore. I don't come off like some FAN boy I tell it like it is and it's not looking good right now.

With the QB and the rest of the personnel the Cowboys are currently stuck with they're a very average football team that will get toasted next week unless they figure out how to get some turnovers and play the best game they've played in more than 2 years. Anything can happen in the NFL but for the Cowboys to pull off an improbable upset they're going to have to play an outstanding mistake free game and get some help from NE. If the running game continues to be inconsistent and we continue to see the penalties the Pats will win by at least 2-3 scores. The Cowboys received a lot of help from the Saints to stay in the game last night. Their defense gave the Cowboys at least 6 first downs due to penalties and they missed a 30 yard chip shot that would have sealed the win in regulation. The Cowboys don't have the talent or QB to match up with NE so it's going to take an off day by the Pats and Brady and an outstanding performance by the Cowboys for them to pull off the upset.

Even with Romo and Dez for most of the game on opening day it took a huge gaff by the Giants for the Cowboys to pull that game out. The running game has been a flop and the OL hasn't been nearly as good as everyone predicted. Garrett has started regressing as a head coach making some awful coaching mistakes. The team lacks discipline committing one stupid penalty after another. This is looking like 2010 all over again the only positive is Romo will be back but it could be too late to salvage the season by the time he returns. Last nights loss to a very beatable Saints team was a killer with a great NE team coming up next. Games like next weeks game usually bring out the best in the Cowboys and they better have their absolute best or they will get smoked by Brady and company.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'll give him a game to get his sea legs but he will make a difference versus the Pats.

Not saying Hardy won't play well but he won't be at his best in game one. The Cowboys are going to have to ease him in or he could end up injured. A lot of his effectiveness will depend on the players around him stepping up or the defense will continue to struggle. It's going to be hard for one player to make a huge improvement from what we've been seeing if other players don't start stepping up. Even with Hardy and Gregory in the lineup during preseason the defense still didn't look very good primarily against the run.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Our offensive line is really struggling . Doug Free looks like he's done. He has no power left and he can't move his feet. Zach Martin just doesn't look right . He looks stiff and he's not moving laterally well. That neck just isn't right. Tyron smith is having his worst season . He is getting beat by for sacks every single game in critical moments. The only decent lineman have been Frederick , Leary , Collins . At this point I'm ready to try something new. Start Brown at RT or move Somebody else to RT.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not saying Hardy won't play well but he won't be at his best in game one. The Cowboys are going to have to ease him in or he could end up injured. A lot of his effectiveness will depend on the players around him stepping up or the defense will continue to struggle. It's going to be hard for one player to make a huge improvement from what we've been seeing if other players don't start stepping up. Even with Hardy and Gregory in the lineup during preseason the defense still didn't look very good primarily against the run.

We just disagree. Why debate the issue when the truth will be known on Sunday?