Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints post game thread ***

lsg13

Reaction score
too conservative on offense tonight... I think Garrett got spoked and reverted back to the old game plan because they were playing a good team...
If he is not going to let Moore call the game he had been the first 3 games then we are goin nowhere.

CB61

Reaction score
See you all next week even though we're at home that's going to be a tough game to Packers always play I stopped and seem to get luckier than anyone could believe but anyway they're up next got to get up at 3:45 a.m. glad I had a nap this afternoon

Eanwen

Reaction score
You guys are funny. We lose a game against one of the best teams in the NFC in their house, and we lose by 2 points with a chance to win at the end, and most of you all are in panic mode.
I'm not happy we didn't win, but I'm not upset. The Cowboys weren't going 16-0. And this still is one of the best teams in the league. We'll learn from this and get better.
Character building loss.

If the Bills had a better qb the Patriots would have probably lost as well.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So did the defense. True they didn't allow a lot of points, but they got pushed all over the field with LONG time consuming New Orleans drives. Then when we finally got the ball back, our running game died in Cabo, and the passing game....well, what passing game.
Running game died with the online who never made any holes

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This loss, in my mind, even though I hate the way our defense allows the dinking and dunking to change field position and eat up the clock, lies directly on Moore, Columbo, and the OL. Zero run game and pathetic pass protection....T Smith looked more like Chaz Green tonight. Pressure constantly up the middle and off the end. Dak was abused more tonight than in the first three games combined. On offense, I saw none of the sets and shifts and motions or crossing routes and picks. Moore and Columbo had no answers for what the NO defense threw at them tonight.

Like him or not, we are lucky we didn’t lose Dak to injury tonight or the entire season would be over. Maybe the worst OL play I’ve seen in a long time....we looked like the Skins OL vs the Bears earlier.

JayFord

Reaction score
Here we are sitting at 3-1 and were acting like were the dolphins

it was 12-10 and slamming zeke up the middle too much lost us the game

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Kept running Zeke into the middle of he d line.

Receivers couldn't get separation.

Witten and the fumble.

Fred and Zach getting no push.

Uninspiring play calling.

Defense played their best game.

Nobody on offense deserve praise.

On to Green Bay.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
You guys are funny. We lose a game against one of the best teams in the NFC in their house, and we lose by 2 points with a chance to win at the end, and most of you all are in panic mode.
I'm not happy we didn't win, but I'm not upset. The Cowboys weren't going 16-0. And this still is one of the best teams in the league. We'll learn from this and get better.
Character building loss.

The Saints are not one of the best teams in the NFC without Brees..............................

jsb357

Reaction score
The game plan was obviously playing not to lose .

Too bad Witten and Zeke didn't get the memo..

Tommy

Reaction score
Character building loss.
Waaahhh!!!

No, you don’t understand. It’s over! Everything’s over!

Waahhh!!!

CowboyGil

Reaction score
We can talk about flags and the refs, but Teddy Bridgewaters dumb mistake gave us a realistic second chance. "Clutch" Dak suddenly pooped his pants against a solid D in the big moment. I'm telling you guys, it's time to realize he's Alex Smith. He'll have a good game when things are clicking around him, but that's simply where it ends. He'll always struggle with simple little things, you know, like throwing the ball 3 yards behind a receiver...which already caused an INT.

Also, Zeke's fumbling issues came back to bite us, which I mentioned before the season started. The middle of this defense is our Achilles heel, and it looked very similar to what happened to us against the Rams.
I guess getting sacked was his fault. And the OPI.

lsg13

Reaction score
Based on what I saw, there was tight coverage by the Saints defenders.
I can't fault Dak. He really didn't have a lot of time to throw and his receivers weren't getting open.
I disagree, he was rushed on serveral plays but on many plays Cooper was open and he just never threw to him.