Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints post game thread ***

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Saints put a spell on us. That freak ball strip from Jason Whitten was just too much.

The score... doesn't show how much the Saints out-played us. Their line was on fire.

Note to the NFL... I enjoy watching the play unfold from the view behind the QB. Why not use that? I know I'm right about it.
Whitten.....i believe you mean whitthen

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Other than getting a flag for trying to knee cap Teddy, did our $100 million dollar defensive end do anything?

A lot of posters on this site told me that paying him was a bad move, all he does is rack up stats against bad teams and then is a no show when we play anybody decent.

I told them they were wrong...……apparently it was me that was wrong and not them………….I stand corrected tonight;)

kwcool619

Reaction score
Yup. No deep patterns deep except to Jarwin and Witten (nothing between the fumble and Jarwin) until the end. Check downs all game. Run plays against a defence that wouldn't budge. No Motion. I thought after the first drive of the 3Q that we'd figured out how to move the ball against them. Surely, we'd carry on with what worked......nope. Let's just carry on with doing what we did the 1 half.

Why didn't we go after Eli Apple? Lattimore stuck to Cooper like glue. Jarwin could have been targeted more. Pollard could have played.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why didn't we go after Eli Apple? Lattimore stuck to Cooper like glue. Jarwin could have been targeted more. Pollard could have played.

Agreed, and even Linehan made Apple look like a fool when he was on the Giants. Why not switch Cooper around and, when Apple was on him, go deep.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Agreed, and even Linehan made Apple look like a fool when he was on the Giants. Why not switch Cooper around and, when Apple was on him, go deep.

I am puzzled when we have someone like Pollard and we don't use him. Jarwin down the middle was basically open all game long. Smith could have been targeted deep a couple of times.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Here are our next 6 games fellas...……..sure they are winnable, but they are dam sure losable also, especially Pack. When exactly was our last win against Rogers? He pretty much owns our arse.

Packers
Jets
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
At best we go 3-3 based on what I have seen so far. At worst we can also go 1-5. Unfortunately reality probably lies somewhere in the middle at 2-4 which would make us 5-5 after the Lions game. The cushion we lost against the Eagles can very well keep us out of the post season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
At best we go 3-3 based on what I have seen so far. At worst we can also go 1-5. Unfortunately reality probably lies somewhere in the middle at 2-4 which would make us 5-5 after the Lions game. The cushion we lost against the Eagles can very well keep us out of the post season.

Jets and Vikes are the only games I can confidently say we will win...…….or at least should win.

So yeah, 3-3 would not surprise me and that would have us at 6-4...………..division would really be in jeopardy at that point.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Jets and Vikes are the only games I can confidently say we will win...…….or at least should win.

So yeah, 3-3 would not surprise me and that would have us at 6-4...………..division would really be in jeopardy at that point.
Despite the best attempts from the most optimistic fans out there, this was an extremely important game for us. A true test after going 3-0 against teams with a combined 2-10 record. We didn’t know how good we really were. After failing that test in such a sloppy way we now have a real measuring stick to go by. This season has the potential to get away from us very quickly.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Teddy B is starter material for a lot of teams.
He won 10 or 11 games (and a Division Title if I am not mistaken) for Minnesota a few seasons ago. Teddy B is NOT a scrub as some of our fellow posters seem to think.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Despite the best attempts from the most optimistic fans out there, this was an extremely important game for us. A true test after going 3-0 against teams with a combined 2-10 record. We didn’t know how good we really were. After failing that test in such a sloppy way we now have a real measuring stick to go by. This season has the potential to get away from us very quickly.

Green Bay is a must win game now simply due to the tiebreaks. We cant be 0-2 in tiebreaks against the Pack and Saints and hope for a wildcard. If we lose to the Pack, a very real possibility, then the only path to the playoffs is most likely winning the division.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well its been real fellas...……………...see yall here next week after the game, win or lose.

Take care and have a good week.:yourock: