Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints post game thread ***

Tommy

Reaction score
This was the typical JG offensive game plan we've seen past 10 years. What happened to all the motions, RPOs, triple options and Dak's design runs that was working past 3 games?

JG probably thought playing in NO, the conservative game plan was probably the way to go. Until JG's stench is removed from this team, we aren't going anywhere.
Cool story man.

So JG mad Kellen change the offense to his way of running it tonight huh? I thought Jerry said he wasn’t suppose to do that.

Kellen should go tell J.J. what happened.

I think your on to something.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
A phantom fumble by a guy already down cost us 3pts. We only lost by 2.

1 defensive pass interference call when clearly cooper was being held which led to him fighting back on the final drive. Took away momentum, a 10 yard gain and out put us in a 1 and 20. Yeah that's game breaking.

If we only take those to horrifically bad game outcome changing calls that werent actually penalties or fumbles . We win the game. Yes we got reffed.
Could we have played better? Sure but we didn't. Did we play well enough to win? Yep

Like i said blaming the refs is a copout. I could pick Phantom calls against the Saints too and calls that were not made

superonyx

Reaction score
This whole game sucked without Gallup in our offense. It’s not Cooper who’s the X factor,it’s Gallup. And losing Smith is an absolute gut punch.
Gallup is huge. But our offensive line was the problem. heck the Saints were getting pressure on us without needed to blitz.

That defense dominated our O Line in a serious way.

now Tyron Smith is hurt because Connor couldn’t block

tcc0808

Reaction score
Garret put his thumb down on Kellen this week cause it was Sean Peyton.
Delusional??? Haha. It’s one loss.... we can expect 2-4 more. Still a good team and still 1st in the NFCE

BigD16

Reaction score
What happened to all the slants and quick throws? Not a single screen.

Most notably, we kept running almost every single first down into a brick wall. It was EXACTLY like watching a Linehan offense.

I feel so dumb for taking the bait. I should know better by now lol

agk136

Reaction score
Not one screen all night. Saints jammed the line of scrimmage all night long. Screens would have changed their approach at the LOS.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
You guys are funny. We lose a game against one of the best teams in the NFC in their house, and we lose by 2 points with a chance to win at the end, and most of you all are in panic mode.
I'm not happy we didn't win, but I'm not upset. The Cowboys weren't going 16-0. And this still is one of the best teams in the league. We'll learn from this and get better.
Character building loss.
You can’t tell them that, they revel in their fair weather fandom...

chicago JK

Reaction score
Saints deserved to win. They were the more physical team and really shortened the game with their offense controlling the ball. It really made our offense never get into a rhythm outside of the touchdown drive. How the saints executed their game plan is how they needed to play to win tonight...and they did.

I will need to see and read to see if there were any plays downfield. I would have loved led to see more downfield passing plays but Dallas didn’t have many chances with possessions.

The running game is really worrisome. Need to see if the holes are not there or if Zeke is not the same back any longer. The saints didn’t appear to be stacking the boxes. No juice in the running game.

Tough loss...although just one game. If Tyron is hurt thought that is the biggest story of the night.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I agree with someone earlier that playing top Ds is going to get Dak killed and us to backup losing zone: Did not like the Amt of hits releasing tonight

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
A phantom fumble by a guy already down cost us 3pts. We only lost by 2.

1 defensive pass interference call when clearly cooper was being held which led to him fighting back on the final drive. Took away momentum, a 10 yard gain and out put us in a 1 and 20. Yeah that's game breaking.

If we only take those to horrifically bad game outcome changing calls that werent actually penalties or fumbles . We win the game. Yes we got reffed.
Could we have played better? Sure but we didn't. Did we play well enough to win? Yep
he fumbled at the Dal 43...not assured they get a FG there

TheHerd

Reaction score
That was a strange place to be 4th and 2 with about 6 minutes left. It was right on the cusp of needing to go for it. It is easy to say we should go for it in retrospect, but Garrett probably would have been blasted if they missed the 4th and 2.

I still think we should have gone for it.
And he went for it earlier. Guy still doesn't have a feel for game time decisions.