Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints post game thread ***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
they waited for the last 30 seconds of the game to try to go deep? Garrett gameplan right there. get this clown out of Dallas

Agreed. Tbh, it was surprising how rarely we took a shot downfield. When we did, we were destroying them. Jarwin owned them deep. Coop started to do well deep. I'm not sure why we played the dump off game when we played a team that wasn't very good deep defencively.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
you would think our ground game will have success vs green bay's run d.
you would think.

Agreed. My suspicion is that the Packers will probably sell out to stop the run. So, Moore will need to be ready for that and to make the necessary adjustments to account for that. My thinking is to use screen passes like extended handoffs. I think if we can get Zeke and Pollard the ball in space, that we can open the run a bit more through the middle.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Agreed. My suspicion is that the Packers will probably sell out to stop the run. So, Moore will need to be ready for that and to make the necessary adjustments to account for that. My thinking is to use screen passes like extended handoffs. I think if we can get Zeke and Pollard the ball in space, that we can open the run a bit more through the middle.
we'll see the things we didnt tonight.
I expect our offense bounces back at home.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
we'll see the things we didnt tonight.
I expect our offense bounces back at home.

Agreed, and we will be home, so we won't have to worry about dome noise against us. I think it'll just come down to execution and playing a better chess game than the other coordinator.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Saints put a spell on us. That freak ball strip from Jason Whitten was just too much.

The score... doesn't show how much the Saints out-played us. Their line was on fire.

Note to the NFL... I enjoy watching the play unfold from the view behind the QB. Why not use that? I know I'm right about it.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Agreed, and we will be home, so we won't have to worry about dome noise against us. I think it'll just come down to execution and playing a better chess game than the other coordinator.

The interior part of the offensive line will need to play much better...............They were terrible tonight

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This!! Was like lineman game plan was Being called. Receivers doing button hooks and come back patterns just like last year.

Yup. No deep patterns deep except to Jarwin and Witten (nothing between the fumble and Jarwin) until the end. Check downs all game. Run plays against a defence that wouldn't budge. No Motion. I thought after the first drive of the 3Q that we'd figured out how to move the ball against them. Surely, we'd carry on with what worked......nope. Let's just carry on with doing what we did the 1 half.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The interior part of the offensive line will need to play much better...............They were terrible tonight

I agree with you there. I think Suafilo should take over at LG over Williams. And I dunno what was the matter with Martin, but he was not up to snuff today. He will need to be much better than that from now on. I think this team had been drinking their own koolaid and hype. I hope that this game serves a valuable lesson to this young team that anyone and everyone in the NFL can be beaten. We've lots to clean up. I think we will be fine. I'm not going to panic and say that this team is rubbish. I think we still have a very talented team and a team that can still beat a lot of teams. I think the teams of the 90s had a few games where you had to scratch your head (though, before my time). We've found a pass rush. Quinn looks to have been an excellent trade. I think if this were played in Dallas that we'd win honestly. I think the team seemed to be off colour with the communication.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Hey guys

This one’s on me.

I had people over for the first time this season

Sorry

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So...are we going to beat the Packers next week? :(

Packers have 10 days for us.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa:laugh::lmao2::lmao:

Yeah, we just lost to freaking Bridgewater and you guys think we are going to beat Aaron "State Farm" Rogers.

Rogers is going to kick our arse next week.............2-2 and tied with Philly for Div led since they get the sorry arse Jets.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa:laugh::lmao2::lmao:

Yeah, we just lost to freaking Bridgewater and you guys think we are going to beat Aaron "State Farm" Rogers.

Rogers is going to kick our arse next week.............2-2 and tied with Philly for Div led since they get the sorry arse Jets.
That’s not the way the NFL works. But if you knew anything about it you’d already know.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
how great this o-line is. Chalk up another game where they get whipped up front. Don’t give me the last 3 games against cup cake teams. They finally face some talent and they get crushed up front. Seems to happen a lot when they face real teams.
Yep, that is why I said beating scrubs was not impressing me...…...beat the Saints, Pack, and Eagles and then we will talk.

Well, we are now 0-1 against the big boys...……...typical Jason Garrett team, beat the trash teams and lose to anybody that has an ounce of talent.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
LOL......aint you one of the posters that told me all week that the Saints with a backup QB was an auto win?

How did that work out
What are you talking about? I was very worried about this game. The saints have just as much talent and were at home. It was a 50/50 game for me.

next week will be totally different circumstances. The saints have a better OL and DL than GB and we will be at home. It will be totally different. Each game is different.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, bad refs, bad offense, unprepared team, too many penalties, and turnovers. That is a recipe for a loss. Also, the defence let the Saints take all but one drive in the 3rd Quarter. We have quite a bit to clean up for the Packers game, so we need to get cracking on that straight away.

With that being said. Our defence did hold the Saints to 12 in NOLA. The Superdome is hard to win in if you're the road team. The rest of our division (except maybe the Giants of late) is rubbish. That's the hardest ground defence we will play until we play Philly. So, we should be able to get Zeke going next game early and often.

The rest of our division is rubbish?

The Giants are undefeated with Danny boy at QB and Philly just went into Lambeau and beat Rogers and the Pack.

The only team in the division that is trash is the Skins.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
next 3 are winnable.

Here are our next 6 games fellas...……..sure they are winnable, but they are dam sure losable also, especially Pack. When exactly was our last win against Rogers? He pretty much owns our arse.

Packers
Jets
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions

gmb1

Reaction score
Here are our next 6 games fellas...……..sure they are winnable, but they are dam sure losable also, especially Pack. When exactly was our last win against Rogers? He pretty much owns our arse.

Packers
Jets
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
We go 3-7 and Garrett gets the boot?

Just kidding

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Packers
Jets
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
It’s a lot more than just Rodgers. Adams will likely miss the game. I feel much better about that matchup than @ NO.