Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks 2nd half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Reaction score
This was a dominant win. Forget what the scoreboard said.

They controlled both lines. They made plays. They overcame adversity in each half.

I'm speechless, but I'll keep typing anyway.

To overcome a blocked punt return for a touchdown early on, and a fumbled punt return that resulted in a touchdown speaks to the internal fire and mettle in this team. They also overcame the fumble on the poor shotgun snap by Frederick. It also speaks to the coaching staff having the pulse of the team, and the confidence as well. The Cowboys came back STRONGER from the adversity. The offensive line blocked well in the running game again. Terrance Williams made the catch of the year on that sideline pattern, and showed he actually can catch with his hands away from his body. Dan Bailey once again showed why he may be the best player on this team with a 56 yard FG.

But, the best performance of this game and coaching job was by Rod Marinelli and this defense.

They completely throttled the Seahawk offense. Russell Wilson was contained. Marshawn Lynch was kept under control. Most of all, and arguably the most important facet of the defensive effort was that they made Percy Harvin completely invisible. To say they are doing it with smoke and mirrors is a misstatement - they are doing it with effort and being assignment sound. Rolando McClain had made a humongous difference with his physicality, and was terrific on his drop on the interception.

What an amazing effort. Big credit to Jason Garrett and the staff on their work today. They have it rolling pretty well right now. Next week looms as a huge matchup, as the first division game of the season for the Cowboys. To quote Barry Switzer, they spilled the bucket today - hope they have some left over for next week.

Great game. Best of all, I got to watch it alongside a loudmouth Commander fan who cheered when Romo was hurt. I asked him if he liked the taste of last place at the end of the night.

All I have to say is one last thing:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I think they're trying to save us until the end. They know there are a lot of Cowboy fans out there. It's called "teasing."

With all them Cowboy fans out there they could've broke in said look at this.

And then said we got more later.

You know if roles were reversed it would've worked out that way.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
before the esason started if you told anybody that the cowboys would have the best record in the NFL (ony tied by SD at this time) They would have told you you were crazy and to stop smokin that crack.....Well, I just want to congratulate DEM BOYZ for being the best team in the NFL at this point in the season....stay focused...play hard....and keep winning. We are behind ya and the wagon is getting full.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I danced! I danced at the end of the game, ... I am 60 and I was up dancing from Wilsons last pass till the clock ticked down to :00.

It has been a long time that I have been this excited. This team won me over when they did not abandon the run when we were down 21 to the Rams.
We dominated the Seabags at Seattle. This team is full of confidence.

Can you imagine the locker room or the plane ride home ??

I danced!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Murray ripped off some huge runs as soon as Free went out. I like Free but I think Parnell might be a better run blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.