Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks 2nd half game thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I will say that Dak wanting not to throw INTs has really morphed him into check-down Dak.

That said, I've seen a lot of plays with WRs getting zero separation.

Basically, what I'm saying is that our passing game has been reduced to nothing because of average receiver and QB play.
These WR's are pure garbage and the Mummy that is Witten needs to be buried for good.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit, and Rams looked awful today, too. It’s the NFL. It’s not easy. Stork75 me of you would have been hard to watch our SB wins with....one mistake or misfortune and some folks go ballistic off the deep end. Lots of playoff games and some SB’s we trailed at halftime

jblaze2004

Reaction score
dak looked real good his rookie year. Did the coaches coach it out of him? Or is it second year slump or what? Dak had pretty good accuracy last year.

TWOK11

Reaction score
You haven't been watching the game, have you?
Otherwise you would have seen the multiple missed opportunities through selfishness and ineptitude by the same guys that do the same thing that holds this team back.

I'm watching the Cowboys currently winning a de facto playoff game. Everything else is just agenda driven opinion.

kevm3

Reaction score
if that’s the case, Dak would be right back in.. just stop with the nonsense.. Romo was purely OK to play..

So you're getting the inevitable. Romo got knocked out after 2 games in 2015, game back, got knocked out that game he came back against Carolina. Came in during 2016 and got knocked out during the 1st quarter against Seattle in preseason, but I'm supposed to believe Romo is going to survive getting sacked 12 times in a 2 game stretch and he would survive the tons of hits Dak has been taking tonight. This fantasy that Romo will come in and just lead us to the promised land is getting old.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Possible Longshot silver lining: Dez will stop crying about getting the ball after he just embarrassed himself by screwing up the one chance he got.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak hasn't been great, but look at the route tree vs the blitz. It's ridiculous.
The QBs job is to get the receivers in to the right route pre-snap if he recognizes blitz. The OC has no idea if the defense is going to blitz or not when he sends the play in :facepalm:

Staubacher

Reaction score
Peyton Manning came back from near paralysis neck injury. The excuse wasn't don't let him play he'll just get hurt again. He was the best option to win so they rolled with him.

Romo should have had the same opportunity. Dak would have been better for it whenever he came in.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak hasn't been great, but look at the route tree vs the blitz. It's ridiculous.
That too! the play calling has been a giant *** procedure.
I want someone to respond to me and explain how it isn't. I would be extremely interested to hear what peeps have to say.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Need more rub and pick plays, drags etc.

They have our guys running 10-15 yards every play

Because this is the same offense (other than shotgun) that SD made famous.......in 1980. Even Norv ran his version in a different manner.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I will say that Dak wanting not to throw INTs has really morphed him into check-down Dak.

That said, I've seen a lot of plays with WRs getting zero separation.

Basically, what I'm saying is that our passing game has been reduced to nothing because of average receiver and QB play.
indeed, it's definitely not all on Dak, but he is part of the huge problem

the passing game (or lack thereof) is a perfect storm of:

no true #1 threat, or at minimum a very underachieving #1 WR threat
no separation from ANYONE
a growing, inexperienced QB that has shown promise, but still has a long way to go
horrible offensive coaching

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alright boys. Since I’m into having a nice holiday, I’m out of this thread for the second half. I can’t take the unnecessary negativity.

Here’s to a great half of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.