Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks post game thread***

jordan4vols

Reaction score
What's sad about this division is we are only 1.5 out of the division lead. Should we luck up and beat Philly we will most likely be solo 2nd

remdak

Reaction score
Cassell had more yds passing than Aaron Rodgers today. How embarrassing for Rodgers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Seriously. I can see clearly now. Our offense is pathetic even with Romo there, UNTIL, the play book goes out the window. When we're in hurry up, and Romo is just doing what he does, we score easily. This coaching staff is a disgrace to Cowboys history. Landry would puke if he were alive today. Jerry ruined this franchise.

Exactly bro.

Romo is the Dallas Cowboys............if that is not perfectly crystal clear to everybody, I don't know what is.

wileedog

Reaction score
Brandon Weeden vs Matt Ryan

Brandon Weeden vs Drew Brees

Brandon Weeden vs Tom Brady

Matt Cassell vs Eli Manning

Matt Cassell vs Russell Wilson

In which of those matchups would you pick the team on the left to win?

2 of those teams have bottom 5 defenses, and Atlanta was an extremely mediocre team last year but got - wait for it - better coaching. There hasn't been much large scale talent turnover yet there this year.

As for Seattle, they walked into our stadium today 3-4 and have already been beaten by Nick friggin Foles this year (prior to Gurley's current rampage too). They are not the powerhouse they have been in the past couple of seasons.

Outside of NE, it is not a stretch by any means that a team with a good defense and one of the best OLines in football would be able to steal at least one game with some competent coaching despite the QB play.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know it, brother. There will be no shortage of volunteers.

But we've got all week because, and here's a sneak-peak....I don't really blame the coaches for being conservative in this one. :)

I prefer to play the game like you got a set of balls...............................But maybe that is just me.

I would much rather lose a game like we did last week, trying to be aggressive and trying to win instead of this playing like a scared little girl. Go down swinging, not curled up in the fetal position scared of your own shadow.

Like I said................I am not wired like that..................apparently our coaching staff is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer to play the game like you got a set of balls...............................But maybe that is just me.

I would much rather lose a game like we did last week, trying to be aggressive and trying to win instead of this playing like a scared little girl. Go down swinging, not curled up in the fetal position scared of your own shadow.

Like I said................I am not wired like that..................apparently our coaching staff is.

A loss is a loss. I prefer the best shot at winning. What that is depends on the players you have available. Matt Cassel, throwing at Sherman and Chancellor and Bennet is not balls, and it's not brains.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
With Romo at the helm the game changes. He can change the play at the LOS, make better reads, and create plays. That makes Garrett look good. Put a lesser QB out there who can't read defenses and is unsure about audibles, etc and you make Garrett look conservative.

It can be a simply game of blocking and tackling. Or it can be very complicated cat and mouse game. It is generally and often not as simple as we can choose to see it. Garrett didn't go from an offense scoring over 400 points a season to one struggling to score 20 a game because he's conservative or a coward. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

No good QB is the problem.

wileedog

Reaction score
A loss is a loss. I prefer the best shot at winning. What that is depends on the players you have available. Matt Cassel, throwing at Sherman and Chancellor and Bennet is not balls, and it's not brains.

Thinking you are going to win throwing everything underneath though is neither of those things either IMO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thinking you are going to win throwing everything underneath though is neither of those things either IMO.

That's how the Saints beat us, anyway.

You also gotta take the ball away and tackle on your coverage units if you're going to do that, though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This team's problems run much deeper than missing Romo. You should be able to win a game or two with your back-up.

What is this "winning with a backup" you speak of?

The Garrett jock riders have assured me that it is impossible to win with backup players in the NFL, so I am very confused as to what you are talking about.

wileedog

Reaction score
That's how the Saints beat us, anyway.
We;re not Seattle.

You also gotta take the ball away and tackle on your coverage units if you're going to do that, though.
True, but if you're game plan going in is that you are going to depend on turnovers to win, you are just flipping the dice just as much as having Cassel take more shots downfield. It's not like Seattle is an overly turn-over prone team, and such things are often just luck.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the mood I am in, wonder if I should bring back my "state of the union" threads! First, Dallas and now the Mets!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Brandon Weeden vs Matt Ryan

Brandon Weeden vs Drew Brees

Brandon Weeden vs Tom Brady

Matt Cassell vs Eli Manning

Matt Cassell vs Russell Wilson

In which of those matchups would you pick the team on the left to win?

Didn't Matt Ryan lose to a rookie QB today?

I guess Tampa didn't get the memo that they were supposed to lose because they didn't win the "QB match-up chart"................apparently that only applies to Dallas.