Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks pre-game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kinda hoping they have not put Turpin on the shelf until the regular season. I work with some alums of Turpin's high school, who keep asking me about him. A radiologist stopped me this morning asking if Turpin had a shot. I told him heck yeah, with us! He might watch tonight's game just because Turpin might play.

I think he was both happy and a little disappointed. He was happy for Turpin but sorta wished he might end up with the Saints. That is pretty much the general sentiment here. There are so many Saints fans around me that I could throw a rock blindfolded and hit one, lol.

I don't believe you. Give it a try and tell us how it works out. If it was Philly's fans, a lot of us would donate the rocks.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It doesn’t appear Dak or many if any of our starters are going play tonight. Would like to see at least a series or two with Dak behind this makeshift OL, just to get an idea what we’re dealing with. Don’t think it’s going to happen. Could lead to a real train wreck in the season opener against that Tampa pass rush.

Well, I don't think our starting LT would be playing because he's nursing an ankle injury. Not sure I want to see Dak out there with Ball protecting his blind side, especially against a starting NFL defense. If Ball is our plan for the regular season, though, we might as well get it over with and go ahead and let Dak get broken.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, I don't think our starting LT would be playing because he's nursing an ankle injury. Not sure I want to see Dak out there with Ball protecting his blind side, especially against a starting NFL defense. If Ball is our plan for the regular season, though, we might as well get it over with and go ahead and let Dak get broken.

Our starting LT is a rookie. No assurances he’ll be able to protect Dak’s blindside. He has a lot to learn.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Our starting LT is a rookie. No assurances he’ll be able to protect Dak’s blindside. He has a lot to learn.

Agreed. But while we have no assurances with Smith, we've seen what Ball can do against NFL backups, I don't really want to see him against NFL starters with Dak needing to be protected.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe you. Give it a try and tell us how it works out. If it was Philly's fans, a lot of us would donate the rocks.
lol. I would not believe me either if it was 30 years ago before the Dome Patrol. That is when the Saints became very popular in this part of the state. They got fanatical after Drew Brees arrived about a decade later.

Before then, Cowboys was dominant practically everywhere. I had zero problems watching every single Cowboys broadcast on any of the local television affiliates. Mind you, I live in the northeastern portion of the state and not the southern part (Cajun country) or Shreveport (still Cowboys dominated) areas. I never needed Directv until New Orleans got popular and negotiated team-friendly contracts with my local stations. They felt they needed to devote their coverage due to the massive swell of Saints fans out of the woodwork.

As a young man, I barely ever ran anyone who talked Saints. That changed during the past couple of decades. Now? Everyday I have people picking at me about Dallas, each of whom usually follow up with a 'Who Dat?' Sure. The numbers are less here. Heck. It would not surprise me there are more Eagles fans in southeastern Pennsylvania than Louisiana's total population. Even so, it does not change how lucky I might be throwing a rock. :p

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Is NFL Network going to misslead us again? They’re listing the Cowboys/Seahawks live but they’re also going to show the KC game. In week one I recorded the game on NFL Network but when I got home and turned it on there was 9 minutes to go in the second quarter. :mad: I’m wondering if they’re going to jump around tonight from the Cowboys game to the KC game kind of like NFL Redzone.
Kansas City played last night.

The NFL Network is advertising just the Dallas game for tonight.

The other times Dallas played they had other games advertised at the same time. Then we missed kickoff and had to watch some of those other games. This time they don’t have any other game on.

So, I’m thinking they will show it from kickoff on.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Put all the teams problem areas aside and let's enjoy some football. We might even luck into finding an acceptable LT for this season. Maybe this season ain't knocking on Heavens door just yet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kansas City played last night.

The NFL Network is advertising just the Dallas game for tonight.

The other times Dallas played they had other games advertised at the same time. Then we missed kickoff and had to watch some of those other games. This time they don’t have any other game on.

So, I’m thinking they will show it from kickoff on.

:thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kinda hoping they have not put Turpin on the shelf until the regular season. I work with some alums of Turpin's high school, who keep asking me about him. A radiologist stopped me this morning asking if Turpin had a shot. I told him heck yeah, with us! He might watch tonight's game just because Turpin might play.

I think he was both happy and a little disappointed. He was happy for Turpin but sorta wished he might end up with the Saints. That is pretty much the general sentiment here. There are so many Saints fans around me that I could throw a rock blindfolded and hit one, lol.

So you want them to risk injury to Turpin so you and your buddy can have a bromance moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.