Game Day ***Cowboys vs Steelers Post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I felt like the Steelers had an aggressive game plan for a practice. Defensively, they blitzed all day long.

Yeah, that didn't exactly help our line look great ... and the third-team guys did an awful job handling it.

817Gill

Reaction score
None of the back up QBs are worth anything, but that was obvious before tonight.
Why are we acting like Gilbert didn’t move the offense at will? Shoot even Rush moved it pretty easy.

Other than the 3rd stringers both sides of the ball looked like they knew what they were doing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thought the defensive rookies in general looked promising. Parsons, Joseph, Odighizuwa, Wright and Bohanna will all probably be getting snaps this year

MikeB80

Reaction score
Special teams is hot garbage.

Early defense looked much better.

11 looks like player.

Wright and Joseph need work but show promise.

Canady not bad.

Young DT’s need work too.

Back up QB is a ?

special teams are always an adventure around the league in the preseason. All these young players who are not going to make teams more than likely are out there running around making mistakes.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disappointed in the DL. Plenty of time to improve though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, that didn't exactly help our line look great ... and the third-team guys did an awful job handling it.
All in all our 3rd team guys didnt look very good VS. Pittsburghs 3rd team. Could be a problem if we get hit with injuries

cowboyec

Reaction score
micah parsons looks quicker than i thought.
luke gifford had a nice game.
maurice canady looks like a keeper.
as a whole i thought our defense looked quicker,faster and more comfortable with what they're doing.
i like their communication.
the draft class didn't seem lost.
very impressed with these young'ns.
gilbert and rush looked good...gilbert looked better on the deep ball.
i like dowdle.
i like our te's.
noah brown just looks different to me...in a good way.
parsons tho is the take away for me.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Parsons looked like a standout player. Game changer once he gets his feet under him. Jabril Cox started coming on at the end of the game. Bohanna had some decent plays. Nashon Wright was better than expected. Pretty much the defensive players we drafted looked about as good as you could have expected from preseason.

Offensively, Gilbert was going down field fairly easily at times... but we have an awful red zone problem. Cooper Rush looked alright at times. Dinucci, I just don't see how he makes the roster unless he has some monumental turnaround in the next few games. Honestly, I don't want to watch any more of that kind of offense.

Dinucci doesn't belong on the roster. He's terrible.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This version of the Dallas Cowboys the last few years have been a JOKE! Even though this was a preseason game you could see the same ole crap we've seen the last few years. No heart! No preparation! No coaching. No on field emotion. Just a bunch of guys not in suits but uniforms. It's so frustrating to be a Dallas Cowboy fan anymore. Then you have Jerry "I'd do anything to win another Super Bowl" Anything but getting rid of the biggest thing stopping it from happening! HIMSELF!!!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our CB's gonna get burned all dam season again. Joseph might make a few plays. I see him as a lesser diggs last year but we will see. Nashon will need time to develop, he's a very low on the depth chart but easily could climb it by next year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nice job with the push off for Claypool.

That is true. There was the pushoff on that play too. As stated, can't really fault him for that one. Other than that, I thought he looked good. I know people were freaking out about how we looked from mid-3rd quarter on, but.........it's the mid-3rd and on in the HOF game lol.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It was clear we were not wanting to play even our backups much. I like that we played our third and fourth strings most of the game. It was nice to see Wright go up against Claypool.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Our CB's gonna get burned all dam season again. Joseph might make a few plays. I see him as a lesser diggs last year but we will see. Nashon will need time to develop, he's a very low on the depth chart but easily could climb it by next year.

I disagree about Nashon. I thought he looked solid. I think he held his own well against Claypool. That's not an easy task, and he took that on well I thought. Only one big play given up, and I can't fault that one as he was pushed off on and it was just a great catch. I think he will be fine. Joseph did well locking down his side of the field. I have no complaints about either of those CBs.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Brad pointed out an interesting note that I had not realized tonight. The way roster cut downs are setup this year is different and 5 players have to be cut this tuesday I believe he said.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was clear we were not wanting to play even our backups much. I like that we played our third and fourth strings most of the game. It was nice to see Wright go up against Claypool.

And I was pleased to see how well Wright did against him. Some seem to be acting as though Wright was going up against a scrub. Claypool is going to be a star WR. He already looked dangerous last year, and Wright held his own well against him. No complaints here about Wright's play tonight.