Game Day ***Cowboys vs Steelers Post game thread***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brad pointed out an interesting note that I had not realized tonight. The way roster cut downs are setup this year is different and 5 players have to be cut this tuesday I believe he said.

Well, 16 is probably one of those cuts. Nooch may not be far behind with how he looked.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very little pressure, but Gregory and Lawrence sat. I thought they did a pretty good job in the run game
Those 2 I'm not worried about. Was hoping to see more from bohanna but as expected he looked like a jag.

plasticman

Reaction score
So rather than wait for all the inevitable injuries to happen, the coaches decided to start the players that they project to be starters by the end of the season.

I'm 95% joking but you can pinpoint those exact players that are critical to the team. There is Dak. They absolutely need Tyron. I wouldn't feel confident starting any DB I saw tonight.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So rather than wait for all the inevitable injuries to happen, the coaches decided to start the players that they project to be starters by the end of the season.

I'm 95% joking but you can pinpoint those exact players that are critical to the team. There is Dak. They absolutely need Tyron. I wouldn't feel confident starting any DB I saw tonight.

Beyond the first half ones, I could agree. But I think I like what I saw from Joseph, and Wright did well. Parsons was brilliant.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those 2 I'm not worried about. Was hoping to see more from bohanna but as expected he looked like a jag.
I mean he is a 6th round pick. He looked good, just played to much. Guys like him should be playing 30 to 40% of the snaps at most. He played almost the whole game

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why are we acting like Gilbert didn’t move the offense at will? Shoot even Rush moved it pretty easy.

Other than the 3rd stringers both sides of the ball looked like they knew what they were doing.

Rush looked like a veteran who knew what to do but doesn't have the arm strength to do it all. Gilbert wasn't bad. There's a few throws he shouldn't have missed, but I don't think there are reasons to be too upset with his performance.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean he is a 6th round pick. He looked good, just played to much. Guys like him should be playing 30 to 40% of the snaps at most. He played almost the whole game

Yeah, and there's no way he would during the regular season. He's a limited snaps guy. I think it's good, though, to put him out there and get him lots of snaps, both him and Odighizuwa.

Guys like Urban and Watkins have been in the league long enough that all they needed to show was that they grasp the defense. Gallimore isn't as experienced, but he's probably in that same boat, especially with us playing four preseason games.

This was definitely one where you wanted to get the rookies a lot of playing time.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Rush looked like a veteran who knew what to do but doesn't have the arm strength to do it all. Gilbert wasn't bad. There's a few throws he shouldn't have missed, but I don't think there are reasons to be too upset with his performance.

I think the problem they have is that they have two quarterbacks who are just good enough to be the inactive third quarterback on gameday and Dinucci is a practice squad player. They do not currently have a quality backup who can step in and win a game and they seem to have no urgency whatsoever to address this because the front office is full of guys who are convinced they are brilliant.

they had an entire offseason to go and address the backup spot and they did nothing. Feels like a veteran getting cut is their only option if they are serious about having a quality backup.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You know we're just going to end up with Kellen Moore if McCarthy gets the axe, right?

I don't believe that at all. I also do not believe McCarthy is a good coach while simultaneously not putting any stock in anything broaddus says.

Jerry and Stephen are not going to fire mccarthy anytime soon. No way they are paying that salary for him to go coach somewhere else or retire.