Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans Post game thread***

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Joseph, Wright, Osa, Parsons, Jabril and Bohanna all look better each game. Not saying they have been perfect but you see the talent.

Wish Gholston was ready to roll and get an idea how he plays but 6 defensive players look like hits so can't complain.
Nah I can't. Because in years past you wouldn't get that many guys to flash especially in a draft that was defensive heavy.

Gotta give it to the Cowboys....the jury is out on the defense but they look to have some depth on defense.....took only 2 drafts to do it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You aren’t going to go far in this league throwing 99% of your passes sidearmed and off your back foot. He’s afraid to step into his passes
I think you stated it perfectly. I don't know what his deal is with those sidearm throws but I wouldn't advise any young guys to develop that thinking they are Pat Mahomes. Like you said, he's not stepping in his passes. When he steps back into the pocket it looks like he has no confidence in what he's trowing.

Carson

Reaction score
Dinucci may have played his way out of the league tonight. That was some of the worst garbage I've ever seen from an NFL QB going up against future UPS drivers and grocery clerks.
When has he been good honestly?

Philly game he gets a pass.

Washington game in mop up .. stank
Three preseason games … stank

Kid just simply stinks. He’s consistently getting picked in practice. If he wasn’t a “Pittsburgh” “McCarthy guy” he’d be long gone

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I did like how the defense played in the first half. And even some of the young guys, particularly Jabril Cox, had some nice moments in the second half.

It made me a little nervous after the first turnover that we didn't do much defensively to prevent Houston from scoring, but we kind of locked it down from there. And that was without Lawrence. We also were missing Watkins (not sure what impact that would have made, though).

Bizwah

Reaction score
He pretty much singlehandedly lost that Eagles game.
I don't disagree.

But we were pretty much dominating the Texans. We had a 14-7 lead. If we simply ran into the pile the rest of the game, we win.

I expected to lose the Eagle game. This is a game that was pretty much won.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was tonight but he has played just as poorly in previous games.

And he was lucky that one bad throw wasn't intercepted (although I think the Texans were penalized on that play anyway).