Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans Post game thread***

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The starting OL looked very rusty. It might be week 3 before they find a groove.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
umm they looked worse then ours that is fact..what were you watching? they got 14 points off our Offensive TOs..their offense couldn't move the ball until the 4th qtr when we stopped playing lol our defense shut them down outside of that short field first score but again the Offense once again and its been theme the last few seasons keep dumping on ours defense..

stop the TOS

now back to that Texans need Watson back none of their backups were better then ours..not sure how you got that.,rush was serviceable but yes possible im leaning on the go get better backup crowd.

I stand by what I said, they are better than our back ups.

Carson

Reaction score
Well Tom Brady did that last year in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game.

Just to point out it is not always those losers as some claim that look bad.
Against a good defense in a tough environment.

DiNucci continually struggles in practices, 3 preseason games and was awful in 2 appearances last season (rightfully so).

I can live with having a bad day and throwing a couple of picks. But he is consistently bad and having turnovers on top of that isn’t the recipe for an nfl quarterback

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Id take Dalton too.

Foles needs a WCO to thrive. If Prescott goes down again, you cant effectively install a timing based offense on the fly. If you brought Foles in during the offseason, maybe you would be able to work on that type of thing. Dalton has been in the system

I do wonder what it would cost to get Minshew. With Canady play his way into the lineup, I wouldnt mind a Henry for Kitna esqu trade with one of our vet CB's. Think Minshew could a solid long term back up option
Yeah I agree on all the above…in this particular offense…I just see Foles failing like he has aside from when he’s played in Reid or Peterson’s offenses….

In regards to Minshew I think due to his age he’s still able to fetch a nice ransom. Jags should want draft compensation for him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The starting OL looked very rusty. It might be week 3 before they find a groove.
It is going to take at least that long for the team to find a groove and then we have to play that game of after the play, which OL are slow getting up.

I don't know if everyone realizes how special is has been have 3 or 4 OL pushing for PB status and 1 All Pro to make the machine run. That is not the usual makeup of a NFL OL and I think this one has peaked because of the injuries and wear down factor and the jury is still out on the OL selected after the 1st round. Need to go back to that well starting next draft.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never even get how people make that claim lol. You see a guy dominate college ball and determine he’s the best prospect they’ve seen lol. Just a extreme claim.
Tony Mandrich was a can't miss 1st rounder and was considered the best overall OL pick coming out and he wasn't bad, just not up to all the pre billing.

The Cowboys could have gone OL but the need was greater on the D side. Other than QB, RB and WR, they could have taken any position on a 6 win team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Mandrich was a can't miss 1st rounder and was considered the best overall OL pick coming out and he wasn't bad, just not up to all the pre billing.

The Cowboys could have gone OL but the need was greater on the D side. Other than QB, RB and WR, they could have taken any position on a 6 win team.
The Def needed help first. Next up, get the Oline help.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
9 pages and half the posts are about the 4th string QB. :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah I agree on all the above…in this particular offense…I just see Foles failing like he has aside from when he’s played in Reid or Peterson’s offenses….

In regards to Minshew I think due to his age he’s still able to fetch a nice ransom. Jags should want draft compensation for him.
So basically, you just said with the right coaches, foles is a good qb? And it was when frank riech was with philly as OC
that foles was good.
you cant use the same offense for 4 different qb's and expect them all to excel lol.
The offense has to be designed to suit the qb and his strengths and weak points.

Here with cowboys, it is one generic offense for all of them lol.
Also long routes by wr dont suit young qb's or those with little experience, like the 3 we have playing in PS.
The coaches set them up to fail, then the people here think they are trash.
All I can say is look deeper if you want to see the REAL problems.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
umm they looked worse then ours that is fact..what were you watching? they got 14 points off our Offensive TOs..their offense couldn't move the ball until the 4th qtr when we stopped playing lol our defense shut them down outside of that short field first score but again the Offense once again and its been theme the last few seasons keep dumping on ours defense..

now back to that Texans need Watson back none of their backups were better then ours..not sure how you got that.,rush was serviceable but yes possible im leaning on the go get better backup crowd.

Tyrod Taylor is 24-21 as a starting NFL QB in games that count, which is 24 more such wins than Gilbert, Rush, and DiNucci, combined. Add to it that he's statistically far superior than any Dallas back up - in real games - and the notion that he isn't better than the Cowboys' three stooges doesn't add up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I stand by what I said, they are better than our back ups.
they are nopt stright up its d tie..

I STAND by what i said..they did not move the ball for 3 freaking qtrs looked horrible the first half Rush was better then any of them..

Jarntt

Reaction score
Watkins has been first team since Oxnard. Hasn't changed as far as i know. I figured Urban would be starter before camp started.
First I’m hearing that. I don’t see Watkins as a starter. I guess we have some injuries and could get some more but I don’t think the original plan was Watkins starting and I’d say he isn't a lock to make the team (he probably will). Maybe guys get shuffled around at different spots now with some injuries and who starts is kind of meaningless but he’s a rotation guy at best here the way things are looking. He isn’t a FT NT and we have better 3 techs who will be more disruptive. I think he’ll be a guy that plays a few different spots