Game Day ***Cowboys Vs Vikings Post Game Thread***

coult44

Reaction score
A win is a win. They all count the same even when they don't inspire confidence. Winning ugly gives the team an opportunity to go on a run later, provided Garrett and the team figure it out.

He won't , they might

Zordon

Reaction score
This was much tougher than it should have been.

The defense is literally too banged up at this point to be a factor. They did make three big plays in the game, and they fight all the way through. The effort can't be questioned at all, and guys like Lee, Heath, Hatcher and Selvie are fun to watch, as well as to root for. Nice effort by Everette Brown in his first game off the couch.

The offense, though, deserves no such kudos. Poor balance in the run/pass ratio, and busts all over the place. Poor routes, drops, penalties, and poor throws by Romo (I wonder if he's injured - he has looked off the last three weeks). The offensive line had some shaky moments, and Free played his worst game of the season.

It's games like this that make you appreciate how good Dan Bailey is. Blair Walsh's missed extra point is not something you would ever expect from Bailey, who quietly is one of the top five players on this team.

If they play like this next week against the Saints, they will lose by three touchdowns. I expect a much better effort next week, but they better settle on a running back and a plan as to how to use that back.
i was listening to ben/skin (romo apologists) last week and they confirmed thru a source that there are no injury issues with romo.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'm stunned by the amount of recognition Romo is getting by the media for that final drive.

lwehlers

Reaction score
the score of the game is close to what I thought it would be. great ugly win. now does this team have atleast three to four wins in it.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there...should that have been a penalty?

Maybe an unsportsmanlike conduct. Although you can see the ref who placed the ball stand up and smile about it and say something to Tony. Then there's Allen telling them to throw a flag so I guess they must've known Tony was joking.

mldardy

Reaction score
the score of the game is close to what I thought it would be. great ugly win. now does this team have atleast three to four wins in it.

I would prefer 4 because that to me wins this division.

Plankton

Reaction score
i was listening to ben/skin (romo apologists) last week and they confirmed thru a source that there are no injury issues with romo.

It makes me wonder then if it's confidence. He is just way off, and missing some throws that he should make in his sleep.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Maybe an unsportsmanlike conduct. Although you can see the ref who placed the ball stand up and smile about it and say something to Tony. Then there's Allen telling them to throw a flag so I guess they must've known Tony was joking.

I kinda of saw that also, but still, the perception to some is that Romo was trying to cheat. Just like the Dez outburst that was not an outburst, it could still be construed to the haters that Romo was indeed trying to cheat. It was a stupid thing to do even if it was in jest.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It makes me wonder then if it's confidence. He is just way off, and missing some throws that he should make in his sleep.

He was off on some throws, but overall, he was about as accurate as he ever is. Every QB is going to have off throws.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He was off on some throws, but overall, he was about as accurate as he ever is. Every QB is going to have off throws.

Posters look at his missed throws, but never compliment him on how he escapes pressure and makes some damn good throws to gain yards. But, if Romo does not hit on every throw, he either sucks or is off. But then again, I just consider the source.

Reactions: JPM

Plankton

Reaction score
Posters look at his missed throws, but never compliment him on how he escapes pressure and makes some damn good throws to gain yards. But, if Romo does not hit on every throw, he either sucks or is off. But then again, I just consider the source.

If you think his ball placement of late has been good, you're crazy. Going into this game, he had only completed 56% of his passes since the Denver game. That is not good.

Yes, he does a great job of eluding the rush, but his accuracy, which typically is very good, has not been lately.

mldardy

Reaction score
Tampa beating Seattle 21-0 I guess people need to re-evaluate our struggles against Minnesota.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If you think his ball placement of late has been good, you're crazy. Going into this game, he had only completed 56% of his passes since the Denver game. That is not good.

Yes, he does a great job of eluding the rush, but his accuracy, which typically is very good, has not been lately.

Yeah, when you have to throw 50 something times a freaking game some throws are going to be off!

smh

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm stunned by the amount of recognition Romo is getting by the media for that final drive.
I am attending to the needs of an 8 month old who is hungry...

What is being said, out of curiosity?

dupree89

Reaction score
I have purposely stayed away from reading anything about Jerry after this game. I fear that he is marching around thinking his team is on the verge of becoming the 85 Bears. He needs to remember when he digs into the "we could be 7-2 right now".....he needs to shuffle this W over to the L column. If anyone is gonna move close losses into the win column, then you have to move the close wins into the loss column. Capiche?

Lodeus

Reaction score
So can we get a gif of Romo moving the ball with his foot

Edit: someone already did it

10654210233_42132af520_o.gif