Game Day ***Cowboys vs Washington post game thread***

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Glad to see the progress the D has been making, but need to see this same level of performance against better offenses (i.e. Green Bay, Tampa, Arizona) before getting too excited. Offense and namely Dak P are struggling in a major way and KM is not intelligent enough to put him in positions to work his way out of it. Lot of work ahead and let's hope we figure it out against NYG next week.
Send help fast

Buzzbait

Reaction score
There is literally nothing good to say about the offense right now. The oline is an injured dumpster fire, the playcalling is horrendous, Dak doesn't look right and is playing poorly, we have basically no run game, and the WR's keep dropping passes.

The only silver lining is if they can manage to get it together, this team could be incredible.

After our offensive performance today, I don't know if there is a silver lining. Our offense and Kellen Moore totally embarrassed themselves in the last half today. :facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, a win is a win. Always nice to beat a division rival on the road, and beating Washington never gets old. Especially since we got swept by them last season. With that said, Dak, as much as I like him, was terrible today. Luckily, the Cowboys have learned to play defence and Micah Parsons is a true werelion (would help if LVE played like a wolf along side him). But Moore needs to simplify things for Dak. Let him run more. I have no idea why they just realised late in the game that Dak is more effective when you let him run. That's where he's at his deadliest. You must let him run as well as throw. It freezes the defence, and he's a dangerous runner when allowed. If we're going to win at least one playoff game, Dak must run.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
can anyone explain what happened on the play Collins was ejected? why was it not a 1st down? that could have ended up being pretty important.
The only thing that makes sense is that the ruling of a catch was overturned and the commentators didn’t tell us

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
On Dak

I don’t think he’s as good as the first 6 weeks nor as bad as these last 6

somewhere in between

He regressed to the mean and below it (these past 6 games) and surely will play at least back to the mean and hopefully above it these next coming games

RonnieT24

Reaction score
can anyone explain what happened on the play Collins was ejected? why was it not a 1st down? that could have ended up being pretty important.

Goodell's minions saw a chance to screw the Cowboys and took full advantage..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am thinking physically and mentally. So little zip on many of this throws. Literally danced through the entire game looking scared to get hit / only ran out of total desperation at the end. The positives are they play in a sucky division and have time for Dak to recover and maybe get his mojo back.

I think the coaches should try something once we get the division locked up (which it should be next week if we beat the Giants I think). I'd try giving McCarthy more control of the playsheet. He's got to see that Dak isn't comfortable with the way Moore is calling the plays. The way that he's also restricted to run. To me, it may be a coaching thing. It looks on some of the plays as though he clearly wants to run, remembers that he's sort of coached not to so he tries one more time to see if someone is open, and, by the time he decides to pull it down, a defender is on him. The irony is that, if Moore is trying to get Dak to run less, he's actually putting Dak in MORE danger by making him not run than run. When he hesitates, he's getting dragged down from behind by a 300+ player. If he's greenlighted to run, he can slide or has to try to beat out a 200 lb DB, who he's bigger than usually. I like the odds better of him running against a DB than trying to break away from a DL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM knows what he is doing. Predicts the win, brings teams own benches. Allows WFT to make it close at the end, though probably not his true intentions. No thanks to Dak and Kellen.

Some pretty good game management as well.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am thinking physically and mentally. So little zip on many of this throws. Literally danced through the entire game looking scared to get hit / only ran out of total desperation at the end. The positives are they play in a sucky division and have time for Dak to recover and maybe get his mojo back.
This team in the playoffs is scary.
For us fans that is.