Game Day ***Cowboys vs Washington post game thread***

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree. As stated, they're actually exposing him more to potential injuries by doing what they're doing, and I think Dak is starting to lose confidence a bit with the way he's not able to run. I noticed as he returned to the sidelines after a drive where he appeared to be rather upset. I can't help but think he's starting to lose confidence a bit because of restrictions. If I'm McCarthy, I'm overruling Moore and telling Dak to do what he does best. If he sees a Lane, take it and run.
Yep, let the man run and slide.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is a great post. I think you nailed it. Moore’s play calling has been atrocious.

And the problem is that it can cause a player to lose confidence, which is the worst thing a coach can do. It's like telling Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to pass the ball when one on one with a keeper rather than shoot to protect them from a collision with the keeper. You know 9 times out of 10, they'll beat the keeper. But, you're so concerned with that 10% chance that you overrule their best abilities. Eventually, the player will lose confidence and/or turn on you as a manager. Just the same, by telling Dak to run because of a 10% chance, Moore is ruining DAK'S confidence in trying to protect him rather than letting Dak play to his best. Use Dak the way you'd use Lionel Messi. Let him do what he does best.

Aven8

Reaction score
Fundamentally broken implies it is unfixable with the current roster. This same offense was unstoppable the first half of the year, so clearly the potential is there.

The only problem with that is Zeke and Pollard have no time to get healed.

Cmac

Reaction score
This became an "ugly" win, when it didn't need to. 3 pts in the 2nd half.

Zman5

Reaction score
They need to use CeeDee more as a runner until Zeke and TP get healthier. MM used a WR Montgomery as a RB and he also had Cobb line up in the back field when he was in GB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak can't run.

I think he could if he's allowed to. He had Lanes, but he stopped to look for an open receiver before trying to pull it down rather than just running. To me, it looks coached, and that needs to change. If he sees a Lane, the coaches should trust him to just run with it. He knows when to get down.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well, a win is a win. Always nice to beat a division rival on the road, and beating Washington never gets old. Especially since we got swept by them last season. With that said, Dak, as much as I like him, was terrible today. Luckily, the Cowboys have learned to play defence and Micah Parsons is a true werelion (would help if LVE played like a wolf along side him). But Moore needs to simplify things for Dak. Let him run more. I have no idea why they just realised late in the game that Dak is more effective when you let him run. That's where he's at his deadliest. You must let him run as well as throw. It freezes the defence, and he's a dangerous runner when allowed. If we're going to win at least one playoff game, Dak must run.

Easier said than done. I said it before...I'll say it again...that ankle injury from last year....not only messed him up physically....but mentally as well.
He just refuses to take off for fear of injury....and really....he's not very fast anyway. What I'm more concerned with....him not seeing the field. That pick 6 is just inexcusable....threw it right to the LBer....didn't see him. He has to know the situation. That's been one of my biggest criticisms of Dak's.....he just doesn't grasp the big picture a lot of the time. Maybe the game is too fast for him to process everything. I do know one thing....he just has to cut off the turnovers.....he does that....we would be tough to beat in the playoffs.

Zman5

Reaction score
LVE looked ok today. I thought I saw him even make few plays .

blueblood70

Reaction score
You have to be such an ***. Just saying that Odense not beating anyone good
did yo have seizure, that makes zero sense but hey stick your head far up your arse and tell me how it smells..i wont believe you but hey,:lmao:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Easier said than done. I said it before...I'll say it again...that ankle injury from last year....not only messed him up physically....but mentally as well.
He just refuses to take off for fear of injury....and really....he's not very fast anyway. What I'm more concerned with....him not seeing the field. That pick 6 is just inexcusable....threw it right to the LBer....didn't see him. He has to know the situation. That's been one of my biggest criticisms of Dak's.....he just doesn't grasp the big picture a lot of the time. Maybe the game is too fast for him to process everything. I do know one thing....he just has to cut off the turnovers.....he does that....we would be tough to beat in the playoffs.

Well, that's what I'm saying though. If he sees lanes open, he should be trusted to at least try for the yards and slide when he's gotten what he can get. He's protected when he slides by the rules. I think the calf injury may have damaged his confidence, but I also think he's being coached not to run, and the way he hesitates looks coached to me. I think allowing him to do more of what he does best would help alleviate this problem and help him get more confidence back.

lopey

Reaction score
did yo have seizure, that makes zero sense but hey stick your head far up your arse and tell me how it smells..i wont believe you but hey,:lmao:
Live in fantasy land then. See where it gets us in playoffs