Twitter: Cowboys waiting for Dak counter offer

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah Dak carried them in the Rams game. Defense got gashed all night and Zeke was nowhere to be found and they still only lost by one score. One guy can only do so much.
Yeah it sucked too see Zeke look how he looked and watch what CJ Anderson did. I didn't see that coming.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
30 million or under. Any more and I let him play out this year.
I agree but at the same time......if he wants 31 million you'd let him walk if you want him for the 30? I do agree though. Past 30 million....I may have to start looking elsewhere but I'm definitely let him play this contract out.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL .....hope Mods are ready. This board will never be the same once he signs dotted line IMO. If you lived through the Quincy Carter - Chad Hutcherson days you'll know what I'm talking about (LOL).
pretty sure we made it through those times. :)

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree but at the same time......if he wants 31 million you'd let him walk if you want him for the 30? I do agree though. Past 30 million....I may have to start looking elsewhere but I'm definitely let him play this contract out.
If he wants 31 then I offer 32.. 30 a year and 2 to
3 million per year in incentives. If he is confident in his abilities he will take it.

cern

Reaction score
there is nowhere else to look if we cannot sign dak. ergo, we must sign dak.

kento40

Reaction score
Dak is already the leader of this team in case you hadn't noticed.

He was given the leadership role. Also, read the quote. More is expected of you when you start making top dollar, so while Dak is serviceable now, will he peers feel the same way when he's making 30 mil?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="kento40, post: 9203019, member: 16067"]He was given the leadership role. Also, read the quote. More is expected of you when you start making top dollar, so while Dak is serviceable now, will he peers feel the same way when he's making 30 mil?[/QUOTE]

Please explain.........

kento40

Reaction score
[QUOTE="kento40, post: 9203019, member: 16067"]He was given the leadership role. Also, read the quote. More is expected of you when you start making top dollar, so while Dak is serviceable now, will he peers feel the same way when he's making 30 mil?

Please explain.........[/QUOTE]

Sure. Was anyone competing with Dak for the QB position? Even after the TD drought that broke the Cowboys record for mediocrity, Ole' Jerrah was still singing the praises of Dak to anyone who would listen. After the unnecessary sacks, the piss poor footwork, the deer in the headlights look, the horrible accuracy issues, Jerry was still proclaiming him as the leader of the team. Ergo, he didn't earn it, it was given to him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Nothing brings out the emotions of Zoners like a Dak thread. :popcorn:

Jerry Jones...."Hold my beer"

170926_atm_nfl_protest_16x9_992.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
there is nowhere else to look if we cannot sign dak. ergo, we must sign dak.
Ehh, 2 million this year and structure Cooopers deal to eat a lot of cap this year and very little next year when you have to tag Dak - easy peasey!

kento40

Reaction score
Starting to believe they understand, it just the narrative doesn't fit their agenda, so they try and pick it apart from a different angle.

I honestly don't care if he made 30 or 50m, we all knew that this was the road that the team was going to take the minute he took the job from Tony. What I was trying to get across was that players won't call you out when you're making 400k, but you will damn sure get more than grumbles if you stink it up while making 30mil, market price or not. That's not my opinion only, but the opinion of a hall of fame TE. Do you think that Dak would have got a pass from his teammates if he had 0 passing td's, 5 interceptions, 14 sacks, a pick six and a fumble for a td in 12 1/2 quarters while making 30mil? Market price or no market price.