News: Cowboys waive DE David Carter and CB Greenwood...One open roster spot

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys officially waived defensive end David Carter and cornerback Chris Greenwood. They signed veteran defensive end Jarius Wynn, who worked out for the team on Monday and has four years of experience, including a Super Bowl ring with the Packers in 2010. They also signed running back Davin Meggett, who has been with the Colts and Texans the last two years. A former standout at Maryland, Meggett is the son of former Giants RB David Meggett.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...pot-Open/7f3168b1-06e8-41fb-8e20-6cc1de52b4e9

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Anyone not think that D-line will (or should) be an emphasis in the draft next year?

anava

Reaction score
We waived 2 and signed 2 where is the open spot?

dware94

Reaction score
We waived 2 and signed 2 where is the open spot?
Meggett is filling Cameron Lawerence's spot on the practice squad. Greenwood was on the 53 player roster, so that is the position left open.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Anyone not think that D-line will (or should) be an emphasis in the draft next year?

It's a must. Crawford and Bass will help. But we still need talent up front. Hatcher also may be playing his way into a big payday that Dallas may be unable to offer.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It's a must. Crawford and Bass will help. But we still need talent up front. Hatcher also may be playing his way into a big payday that Dallas may be unable to offer.

Hatcher is playing his way into a decent payday -- but it is going to be a limited deal as he'll be 32 at the start of the year. He isn't going to get big money.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Meggett is filling Cameron Lawerence's spot on the practice squad. Greenwood was on the 53 player roster, so that is the position left open.

I'm betting that if Dunbar can't go, Meggett gets the call up. If Dunbar can go, we move someone else (like Vega) up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hatcher is playing his way into a decent payday -- but it is going to be a limited deal as he'll be 32 at the start of the year. He isn't going to get big money.

Hatcher also really wants to be here. He's settled in with a family here.
He would consider the Saints and Texans other teams in this region but he has little desire to roam far and wide at this point in his career.
We will have to pay him but we won't have to see him eat a large cap hit.

Spencer is almost certainly gone so that frees up a lot of cash.
Selvie and Tyrone Crawford likely share that spot at a fraction of the cost.

Bass plays inside but would look really good behind Hatcher IMHO.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hatcher also really wants to be here. He's settled in with a family here.
He would consider the Saints and Texans other teams in this region but he has little desire to roam far and wide at this point in his career.
We will have to pay him but we won't have to see him eat a large cap hit.

Plus, he is absolutely one of the leaders on defense. A nice three year deal for about 10 mill total would be my guess here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus, he is absolutely one of the leaders on defense. A nice three year deal for about 10 mill total would be my guess here.

So basically the same deal, he just finished? I think he's going to want and probably get more than a $1million raise.