News: Cowboys waive DE David Carter and CB Greenwood...One open roster spot

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins was starting his first season with the Eagles at 30, not at 32. There is a huge difference there

I don't see a HUGE difference in 2 years. And Hatcher has less wear and tear than most 32 year old DTs. Like Hatcher, Jenkins was a late bloomer and oft injured before he started producing as a starter.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't see a HUGE difference in 2 years. And Hatcher has less wear and tear than most 32 year old DTs. Like Hatcher, Jenkins was a late bloomer and oft injured before he started producing as a starter.

Two years is pretty huge in terms of what teams are usually willing to pay. Jenkins most certainly was not a late bloomer. His second deal with the Packers was 4 years 16 mill. Hatcher's second deal was 3 year 6 million. Why the big difference? Because Jenkins had arrived as a major contributor. His sack and tackle numbers are around twice those of Hatcher's over their first five years. Jenkins was a major contributor much earlier.

Go back and look at what 32 year old DTs are getting and get back to me

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jenkins was an undrafted FA and NFL Europe refugee his first 2 years in the NFL. He did not even start until his 4th year in the league. And that year was truncated due to injury. And I did not say their career paths were identical, I stated that they had similarities in both being late bloomers and not really getting the recognition until later in their careers. Jenkins' best year in GB was 7 sacks I believe, his final season in GB at the age of 30. Hatcher will have a better season in 2013 at a later age. And Jenkins signed a 3 year deal with the Giants last off season, at the age of 31. Both Hatcher and Jenkins are now 32. Hatcher has 5 sacks while Jenkins has half a sack in 2013.

Age affects every individual differently.