RELEASED Cowboys waive DE Tarell Basham

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure if it comes down to these two guys, but I’d rather have Basham than James “Chloe Moeretz” Washington.
Washington when he’s on roster will be getting lots more reps
Remember he hasn’t taken up a roster spot

Knotamus

Reaction score
They have 3 weeks to activate Washington from the time (IF) they start his return.. and they haven’t indicated they’re going to even though he’s been healthy enough for the past 2 weeks.. so I don’t think it’s Washington.

Takk can be rotated in/out from the Practice squad if needed.. but he’s not needed at the moment. So it’s prob not McKinley.

A OBJ signing would definitely fit this scenario, but nothing has been announced (yet)

More likely the roster spot is opened for Tyron to return. And they definitely could use him after the LHS of the OL looked suspect last game. If Tyron is truly healthy and back.. it’s an upgrade no matter how anyone wants to spin it. And thats not a knock on the rook Tyler Smith.

Let’s go!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Bosa out, Golston would start for the Chargers right now. (I follow them closely) You fail to appreciate how scarce solid edge players are and how incredibly stacked the Cowboys are.

Not only will Basham get gobbled up...he'll see a lot of immediate playing time.

He was shopped at the deadline and no takers. No takers because he's a JAG just like Chauncey Golston. Sure he'll get picked up. There's a lot of slop on the bottom of rosters in the league.

If you believe Golston is starter caliber you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to think that the team is opening a roster spot for Odell Beckham. He’s the only player that would require the team to immediately put him on the 53-man roster.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Numbers game I think.

Definitely, there are definitely 5 guys in front of him deserving snaps, maybe even Gholston and Watkins too so its possible he may have been number 8.

Perhaps he ends back on the practice squad if he goes unclaimed. Commanders, Raiders, Giants, and Texans eyes popped wide open on Basham becoming available.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

He was shopped at the deadline and no takers. No takers because he's a JAG just like Chauncey Golston. Sure he'll get picked up. There's a lot of slop on the bottom of rosters in the league.

If you believe Golston is starter caliber you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

Playing styles differ and a team must have players to fit their style of play. If a team wants a run stopping two gap defensive end then Golston is their guy. Because that what he is. So you might be wrong in thinking Golston can't start for any team in this league.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This should be for an offensive lineman. Dallas is playing a dangerous game having only 7 on the active roster. And with Dakoda Shepley out of practice squad elevations they played on Thanksgiving without a backup capable of playing center.