RELEASED Cowboys waive DE Tarell Basham

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well he wasnt trash. He was a decent player. Its just a numbers thing and he was odd man out.
No he was trash. He wasnt a good run defender, and he had terrible pass rushing stats. He was basically a starter last year and did almost nothing. There is a reason we couldn't trade him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
^This.
When you look at adding JW or Tyron 2 roster spots are needed, sucks their taking away a defensive player for a WR4, but whatever. Now cutting Basham for Tyron makes sense.
Yes, WR 4, with a possibility of becoming WR3, but where is Basham on the depth chart? He is an edge rusher on a team with 5 edge rushers that are better than he is.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys must think McKinley can produce more than Basham. Basham has been okay but Sam Williams makes him expendable.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
About time. Great last name though for a defender.

Good luck with other opportunities bro. I won't kick dirt in your grave.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Cowboys must think McKinley can produce more than Basham. Basham has been okay but Sam Williams makes him expendable.
I think ya hit the nail on the head. The REAL reason he was cut. I think they never expected SW to be this good so quick. TB was a bridge guy until they felt like SW was ready,likely in 2023. But Sam had other ideas and worked his tail off and bettered himself.