RELEASED Cowboys waive OT Jones

Qbert

Reaction score
Here’s ESPNs write up on him last year

Mama started four games at guard as a true freshman before starting 25 of 27 games played at left guard in 2015-'16. He's a talented player but comes with major red flags. He is constantly fighting to keep his weight down (shed 70-plus pounds at USC). He is still out of shape, he had ridiculously poor workout numbers at the Combine and USC's Pro Day, and multiple scouts voice concerns about his poor work ethic and lack of accountability. While he's gifted enough to start at guard in the NFL, the risk-level is too great to gamble on before Day 3. April 1, 2017

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Frankly, I'd have put him back at DT. He flashed at times at ND as DT and was poised for a big year until he hurt his knee.

People have questioned his desire, though, at times.
You're right. I just find it funny that he was projected by some fans to make the team, and here the team is telling you he is the 91st man on the roster at best.

Reaction score
Mama is a mauler, but he doesn't have the foot quickness to really succeed in a ZBS. He's a man on man roadgrader.
Yep. His lack of athleticism is his limiting factor. It's why he will be a bsckba at best. Especially in Dallas.

cern

Reaction score
Jumbo from The Replacements. The whama jama mama. Just the name makes me want this guy to make it. Make up for Poots getting cut, I was working on an entire season long routine for him.
Leonard Davis (?) from ut? Similarly sized.