RELEASED Cowboys waive OT Jones

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Big Leonard was a monster that just never panned out. The Cards took him with their 1st and he looked like a lock but the hints at work ethic and desire were there. Sometimes these guys are just big and they really don't learn the nuances of the positions. You would think that taking them in the 1st would be the safest pick but that has proven to be false, they're no safer than WR's.

Big Leonard made 3 pro bowls and played 12 seasons. What exactly is your point?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Moving Jarron Jones to the OL was a mistake. He was a better DT. As for the USC kid...he's gotta get his weight down...and get in better shape.:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still wondering why the horrid Chaz Green is still on our team

I'd say for injury insurance and nothing more. If the team had a bunch of injuries in the preseason, Green at least is familiar with the system. But if that (hopefully) doesn't happen, then just like last year after the Atlanta debacle, he'll never play another offensive snap for this team.

Billyd

Reaction score
Who cares..Until he makes the roster, he is just another camp body to Run our Dts at in preseason.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
God how hasn't Mama eaten himself out of the NFL yet? Hey - as long as he makes his fat work like Nate Newton did, I could care less.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mama was a 3-year starter at USC. He was a 4-star recruit out of St. John Bosco, which is a football factory in the Los Angeles area. Josh Rosen played there as well. He mistakenly declared early for the 2017 draft and went undrafted.

Big, powerful kid.

How does a person mistakenly declare for the draft?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Big mama...

wJmhKw.gif