Twitter: Cowboys waive two, Durant to IR, Orie Lemon returns

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Not surprised with either of the releases. Frustrated to hear about Durant. Must be resigning Lemon, and perhaps signing one or more of the DB's that worked out today.

Common Sense

Reaction score
This isn't going to bode well for all of the posters who thought Nevis and Bass were going to compete for a starting DT spot next year.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
definitely some interesting moves....Bosworth makes sense i guess since we brought in an actual FB and he didn't play well on defense so he was just a special teams body now. a little surprised by Nevis b/c he seemed like a guy on the d-line that was always going full blast on every snap he's in there.

sucks about Durant he was really playing well in the beginning of that game before he reaggravated the injury...

but yeah the fact that we made these moves especially considering how banged up we already are at LB and that we're working out DBs today seems very strange

i'm sure Lemon is coming back but they need to find another couple LBs to plug in here ASAP

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I wonder who we're signing. If we're looking at CB's, my guess is Mo is headed to IR as well.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
So we cut a linebacker, put another on IR yet work out DBs.

Makes sense.

From what I hear, we're resigning Lemon, and Carter is apparently ready to go this week. Maybe they're looking to move Church more to a LB spot. Either way, we need DB's as much as we need LB's right now.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Like I tell my kids when they tell me the same thing. I have faith in you. I have faith in you that you will be an 18 year old boy or a 17 year old girl. I have complete faith in you that you will be who you are.

LOL.....

People say I need to more positive. I reply, "Okay. I'm positive it won't work."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

conner01

Reaction score
So we cut a linebacker, put another on IR yet work out DBs.

Makes sense.

you missed the part about we don't need to workout a lb since we already know who the lb is gonna be. lemon and we know all we need to know about him. bosworth was primarily a special teams player. we need guys on the field. lemon seems to be the logical choice

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From what I hear, we're resigning Lemon, and Carter is apparently ready to go this week. Maybe they're looking to move Church more to a LB spot. Either way, we need DB's as much as we need LB's right now.

I disagree. Even if Carter returns and Lee "might" be done for the year, we are short more bodies there. The Durant injury hurts.

At least at DB, Claiborne could return and Moore appears to be doing okay. Linebacker play is what killed us as much as anything against Green Bay.