Twitter: Cowboys waive two, Durant to IR, Orie Lemon returns

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I disagree. Even if Carter returns and Lee "might" be done for the year, we are short more bodies there. The Durant injury hurts.

At least at DB, Claiborne could return and Moore appears to be doing okay. Linebacker play is what killed us as much as anything against Green Bay.

LB play killed us for sure, but no more so than anything else. Other than a couple nice plays from Moore, the whole defense failed in the second half. I mean, we could definitely use help at LB, but from what I can tell, there's no better chance that Mo plays than Carter, and the staff seems to have lost faith in Webb. And maybe they looked at available LB's and decided they were no better than what they had.

KDM256

Reaction score
Confused about the Nevis cut as well, I know he's not the next Leon Lett but I didn't see anything to warrant him from getting cut from this team.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
LB play killed us for sure, but no more so than anything else. Other than a couple nice plays from Moore, the whole defense failed in the second half. I mean, we could definitely use help at LB, but from what I can tell, there's no better chance that Mo plays than Carter, and the staff seems to have lost faith in Webb. And maybe they looked at available LB's and decided they were no better than what they had.

Edit: Looks like we are signing another LB, but just to the PS.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Confused about the Nevis cut as well, I know he's not the next Leon Lett but I didn't see anything to warrant him from getting cut from this team.

With so many new guys on defense maybe they meant to cut Irvin and pointed at the wrong guy.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Nevis was getting owned by every center I watched. He tried hard but just wasn't able to disrupt or push the interior like we hoped. I like his effort though and think we may bring him back for camp next year.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Nevis was getting owned by every center I watched. He tried hard but just wasn't able to disrupt or push the interior like we hoped. I like his effort though and think we may bring him back for camp next year.

my thoughts exactly..

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
To everything, churn, churn, churn...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Two games to go, and Jerry thinks he can save the season? He ought to tank these two games and get the better draft pick.

Ahh but your forgetting the most important aspect of why the jones's want this playoff game.

1.they can say we won the east and not fire their lapdog.

2. It would make them a ton of money, it's a home playoff game. Tickets, parking, merchandise, concessions.

I doubt they care if we win in the playoffs or not, just counting that extra money is winning for them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two games to go, and Jerry thinks he can save the season?

It appears we may have a difficult time find 11 healthy defensive players to put on the field at the same time. Never seen anything like this year's defensive injury situation before.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
We need to change what we're looking for on the Dline. I know RM likes players who are quick off the snap, but we need some guys with strength at the DT spots. Fast DT's will never wear down an offensive line if that's the only attribute they posses.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
what did bosworth do to warrant being waived?

oh that's right...leading the special teams in tackles.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Two games to go, and Jerry thinks he can save the season? He ought to tank these two games and get the better draft pick.

He's adding to his team guys that are bagging groceries. Isn't that also what tanking might look like?