Twitter: Cowboys want to resign Jourdan Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey Jane! Their approach is not working. That's why Cowboy fans are "triggered".

"What do Cowboys fans expect?"

Jane, we expect them to realize the serious shortcomings they clearly had last year, especially on defense that was trending to be one of the worst in NFL history, and not come into FA thinking, "hey, guys, we good........... we don't need serious help there."

That's what we were expecting, Jane.

Aven8

Reaction score
I also found it funny that she (in previous reports) have tried to sell the fans on the Cowboys eschewing FA largely because they bank on the draft.......... and then pointing out that they basically bombed the 2017 draft. LOL.

She’s just getting blown up on Twitter I’m sure so that’s why she sends these tweets.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
He’s already been issued a parking pass and a jersey. Stevie doesn’t want to lose out on such an outlay of money

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Lawrence was solid but I don't like to applaud him for the money he gets. He's a rip off imo.

No way close to a rip off. Maybe a couple mil over paid, but he has trash on the interior, can't do it all.

Dupree just got $17MM per, and he's only had max 11 sack 2 years ago.

Pass rushers are pricey.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'd assume find someone a little bigger and not so grabby.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
By the way, Jane Slater is really just a complete and utter Cowboys kiss *** at this point. Her trying to sell them signing McCoy, Poe, Griffen and Dix as big splashes in FA is an insult. Everyone of the guys she mentions were signed a few weeks after FA began. So to insinuate they went right after improving the team in FA is BS. They just happened to get lucky and have their strategy of waiting weeks worked out as these guys were still sitting out there (which in turn might explain why they didn't work out).

Her and Watkins as well as some others that cover the team and are beat writers are all spewing the same sh**. It's the wait back and see approach, something that I thought would have been different because of the way the contract was structured, what's the point of even saving the cap this year if we are not going to use it on someone who can bring in real value.

The reporters IMO are a huge reason as to why this is the way it is. They reiterate the Jones approach to us, like we are stupid for thinking otherwise and are never critical. I have yet to see one of these reporters with media access ask a critical question or even a simple question as to why they will not sign one impact player and rather would sign 5 cheap players.

I understand filling holes, but this plan doesn't work and to see her on NFL network trying to shut the fans up by telling us this is the right approach is disgusting and egregious. The reporters should be there to be a voice of the fan base, not to reiterate the owners comments this is pretty much a slap in the face. I'm honestly convinced chido banged jane so after my rant I'll just leave this here for comedy.

Verdict

Reaction score
I always thought Lewis would be okay if they left him in the slot. I think that's where they wanted him to play but Anthony Brown just wouldn't let the spot go.

If that’s the problem I think I am going to show up and demand I play. I mean if that’s all it takes why not me?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of bringing Lewis back.
Maybe Quinn sees something in him to be able to salvage him.
Or it is just to fill holes for TC competition.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Even as poor as he played last season, I'm OK with this because he fits Quinn's scheme much better. He needs to be in a zone and play from a back pedal. He has great instincts, but is terrible when he has to turn his back and run. If it's a team friendly deal, I think it's a good re-signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.