Twitter: Cowboys want to resign Jourdan Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not a fan of bringing Lewis back.
Maybe Quinn sees something in him to be able to salvage him.
Or it is just to fill holes for TC competition.

I kind of hope someone else signs him, so it will force us to go a different direction to fill those holes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah, not feeling Jane trying to spin. We know the approach is trash, don't need a reminder. The Joneses are on vacation during FA, really?
Well, it's not 365 Jane...tell Stephen to stop spewing that lie from his lips. Allas Cowboys reporters are soft **.

Lewis and Kazzee seems redundant in a way, no?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
By the way, Jane Slater is really just a complete and utter Cowboys kiss *** at this point. Her trying to sell them signing McCoy, Poe, Griffen and Dix as big splashes in FA is an insult. Everyone of the guys she mentions were signed a few weeks after FA began. So to insinuate they went right after improving the team in FA is BS. They just happened to get lucky and have their strategy of waiting weeks worked out as these guys were still sitting out there (which in turn might explain why they didn't work out).

You shut your face when talking about Jane Slater!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Lawrence was solid but I don't like to applaud him for the money he gets. He's a rip off imo.

Hamilton flashed a few times too. I won't judge any pass rusher last year on the Cowboys. How often were they in obvious passing situations? It seemed like it was 2nd and 5 and 3rd and 2 on like every series. Teams would score on us and sometimes never have a 3rd down.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to love his aggressiveness and ball skills, but the guy was absolute trash in 2020

cowboyec

Reaction score
This works hehe. I like this! Oh, and we should also get Tay Gowan either in the draft or UDFA if he doesn't get drafted.
i like him.
solid player.
lotta CBs in this draft i like up and down the board.
outside the ones up top
williams,osu
williams,syracuse
ambry thomas,michigan
keith taykor,washington
wright,oregon state

we could easily triple dip at that position.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't understand you Jourdan Lewis bashers. Y'all are the same bunch who hated on Jeff Heath and several other ex-Cowboys who actually contributed when they were in Dallas.

Yes, there were times Jourdan Lewis made a bad play, but there were other times he made lots of good plays. If he can be resigned for cheap, that's a win for the Cowboys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i like him.
solid player.
lotta CBs in this draft i like up and down the board.
outside the ones up top
williams,osu
williams,syracuse
ambry thomas,michigan
keith taykor,washington
wright,oregon state

we could easily triple dip at that position.

I would go 3 deep at CB AND see who I can get at UDFA. Outside of Diggs, we don't have much at CB. This is the right draft to load up at that spot, DT, and LB.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
yeah, thats the way to build a championship team. If your crap doesn't get signed by anyone else, let's bring em back and see if he smells better. Nope. crap still stinks. No wonder this team is stuck on neutral. :banghead:

cowboyec

Reaction score
I would go 3 deep at CB AND see who I can get at UDFA. Outside of Diggs, we don't have much at CB. This is the right draft to load up at that spot, DT, and LB.
agree.
i think it'd be cool if after all these years of ignoring s's.....woods and wilson the exceptions recently....they double dip a s.
richie grant,ucf
jacoby stevens,lsu

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
agree.
i think it'd be cool if after all these years of ignoring s's.....woods and wilson the exceptions recently....they double dip a s.

Oh, I'd love that too! I think the FCU safety in round 3 and Damar Hamlin in round 5 or 6 would be an EXCELLENT double dip at S.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lewis makes a perfectly fine back up nickel.
But he's not an outside CB and this his value may be low.

AB is a better nickel CB but can play outside some so can use Lewis as CB4.
Not a terrible deal to resign him cheap and add a rookie who can start.

CB1: Surtain
CB2: Diggs
CB3: AB
CB4: Lewis

works for me.
Hopefully a young guy is pushing AB/Lewis for snaps.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't understand you Jourdan Lewis bashers. Y'all are the same bunch who hated on Jeff Heath and several other ex-Cowboys who actually contributed when they were in Dallas.

Yes, there were times Jourdan Lewis made a bad play, but there were other times he made lots of good plays. If he can be resigned for cheap, that's a win for the Cowboys.

i like him.
i like his mentality.
hope he comes back.
i felt the same about Awuzie.
and being honest...mo claiborne.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lewis makes a perfectly fine back up nickel.
But he's not an outside CB and this his value may be low.

AB is a better nickel CB but can play outside some so can use Lewis as CB4.
Not a terrible deal to resign him cheap and add a rookie who can start.

CB1: Farley
CB2: Diggs
CB3: AB
CB4: Lewis

works for me.
Hopefully a young guy is pushing AB/Lewis for snaps.
We need a ballhawking CB with size and speed opposite of Diggs.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.