Twitter: Cowboys want to resign Jourdan Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We need a ballhawking CB with size and speed opposite of Diggs.

Fixed it for you. ;)
We need a guy who can play 16 games and doesn't get burned taking risks TBH.
We have Diggs as playmaker/risk-taker.

Farley is interesting but Surtain fits like a glove to me.
Horn is a dog and will go to war but he isn't quite the athlete the other 2 are and is very grabby. Plays run the best though.
Farley has an insane athletic profile but he doesn't have much on tape versus good WRs and doesn't have much tape period, honestly.
Surtain has played at a very high level for 2 years in a row including of course across from Diggs and he has seen the best WRs in the collegiate world in practice every day.
Horn and Surtain played across from each other some in High School ironically.

But end of day they really need a young CB who can be a step up from what Chido was last year. Slight draft miss there.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Slater is inside. Is she slammin the front office?, thats why she get scoops
The mud muckers just sling

plymkr

Reaction score
Why? So he can head butt more opponents after he gets burned?
No kidding, that play still makes me mad. I can live without Lewis unless he signs for minimum. I'd rather have a rookie out there that may play smarter.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lewis is a willing tackler. Other than that, hes a bonehead. Let him walk.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
By the way, Jane Slater is really just a complete and utter Cowboys kiss *** at this point. Her trying to sell them signing McCoy, Poe, Griffen and Dix as big splashes in FA is an insult. Everyone of the guys she mentions were signed a few weeks after FA began. So to insinuate they went right after improving the team in FA is BS. They just happened to get lucky and have their strategy of waiting weeks worked out as these guys were still sitting out there (which in turn might explain why they didn't work out).

Yep, it's just the Jones' MO.... spread the CAP preferring to sign quantity dregs at the end of the process rather than identify your want and going all out to get him. try to fit bargain basement players into each need, hence we dont pay for the first couple of tiers and left picking up the dregs, once every other team has taken anything decent.

Interestingly the Vikings had similar needs to ourselves, but appeared to target (and get) who they needed (Tomlinson), whilst we wait for the leftovers.

We'll sign Lewis because we have too many holes and not enough CAP space to fill our needs.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
By the way, Jane Slater is really just a complete and utter Cowboys kiss *** at this point. Her trying to sell them signing McCoy, Poe, Griffen and Dix as big splashes in FA is an insult. Everyone of the guys she mentions were signed a few weeks after FA began. So to insinuate they went right after improving the team in FA is BS. They just happened to get lucky and have their strategy of waiting weeks worked out as these guys were still sitting out there (which in turn might explain why they didn't work out).
Yeah but the thought of mud wrestling with her...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In my opinion you need 4 decent CBs. I expect CB to be an early draft pick. They are still short at the position. Unpopular opinion but I would bring Lewis back. The D coaches here have done a terrible job with him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
By the way, Jane Slater is really just a complete and utter Cowboys kiss *** at this point. Her trying to sell them signing McCoy, Poe, Griffen and Dix as big splashes in FA is an insult.

Last year they did significantly more in free agency than they usually do. Four former Pro Bowlers, one even from the previous year.
And I'm not even counting Dalton. That was just luck of the Plague. Not counting Aldon Smith either.

They didn't sell out the farm, but they brought guys who had started for years, and with real success, to start for us. They swung and they whiffed. But they did swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.