Cowboys were in on RB Moss

John813

Reaction score
That hilarious.

They franchise tagged Pollard last year but a 2 year, 8.XX deal was too rich.

visionary

Reaction score
Seriously they wanted a guy who only got 2 years for 8 million and it was too much? I'd rather just believe they weren't interested than to know the 1 back they liked signed somewhere else for that little deal.
These guys are morons

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cap boys purse strings are tighter than a ducks arse

JonesBoys

Reaction score
LMAO get ready to hear this a lot, Cowboys were in on this player but ultimately the price was too high. When 4 million is too high for a team that’s ALL in lol. Media and fans should not let Jerry live down that idiotic comment that everyone knew wasn’t true.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They apparently weren't trying to sign lots of guys. I just think it's pretty bad a guy they targeted was too expensive at 8 million for 2 years. That tells me they set their sights pretty darn low. Any team trying to win in the playoffs should set their sights a bit higher to fill a big void on their roster. Just my opinion
honestly - smart teams wait this out a bit -- I'm not talking about going after the big fish, I'd like to see more of that, but Zack Moss -- at four mill a year? Four career rushing touchdowns. Four mill per year.

We are not a team that need to pay for crap so that we hit the cap floor.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were unwilling to pay Moss $4 million then they were never really in on Zack Moss. This is the game they play with the fans. They make these claims how they really wanted player X but they were never willing to pay him market value. That is not being in on a player. Saying I want Christian Wilkins, for example, to be a Cowboy but only at $3 million per year is not the same as being in on a the player.

Sydla

Reaction score
That hilarious.

They franchise tagged Pollard last year but a 2 year, 8.XX deal was too rich.
I can't wait to see what they pay the eventual bargain bin FA RB they do sign.

Can you imagine signing a dude like AJ Dillon for like $2MM a year but Moss at $4MM was a non-starter? LOL.

Big_D

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were unwilling to pay Moss $4 million then they were never really in on Zack Moss. This is the game they play with the fans. They make these claims how they really wanted player X but they were never willing to pay him market value. That is not being in on a player. Saying I want Christian Wilkins, for example, to be a Cowboy but only at $3 million per year is not the same as being in on a the player.
They were in until the agent laughed and hung up the phone which probably happens quite often!

John813

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what they pay the eventual bargain bin FA RB they do sign.

Can you imagine signing a dude like AJ Dillon for like $2MM a year but Moss at $4MM was a non-starter? LOL.
That 2million is huge. It allows for the front office to drag longer on the CDL/Parsons deals and will be given to them as their prices keep going up.
lol

Sydla

Reaction score
honestly - smart teams wait this out a bit -- I'm not talking about going after the big fish, I'd like to see more of that, but Zack Moss -- at four mill a year? Four career rushing touchdowns. Four mill per year.

We are not a team that need to pay for crap so that we hit the cap floor.
Moss had 5 TDs last year rushing and 2 more receiving and likely would have had more if not for Taylor being resigned by the Colts midseason.