Cowboys were in on RB Moss

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hey now, we're counting on great drafting to improve it ... and hitting on some cheap FAs.

I mean, our offensive line will probably be LT Tyler/Richards, LG Bass/Tyler, C Draft pick, RG Martin, RT Steele. You can't get much better than that.
I actually like that OL more than most that’s the funny part. I think they’re better run blocking than last year. And it’s a better OL than most to be honest.

The poverty is RB, DT, LB and frankly our safeties suck.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I actually like that OL more than most that’s the funny part. I think they’re better run blocking than last year. And it’s a better OL than most to be honest.

I do think having Tyler and Richards to compete for LT and Bass to step in at LG if Tyler wins is the primary reason we don't seem to be trying to keep Tyron. I don't know how it will work out. Obviously, center is the main line concern since Hoffman is our only option there right now. I do think, though, that we are eyeing the three early picks there (Powers-Johnson, Barton and Frazier), knowing one of those will be available for us in the first round and possibly even with a slight trade-down a la Frederick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't see us doing anything at safety. I think Dallas is happier with the trio of Hooker, Wilson and Bell than you are.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Seriously they wanted a guy who only got 2 years for 8 million and it was too much? I'd rather just believe they weren't interested than to know the 1 back they liked signed somewhere else for that little deal.
Lemme explain this. You have a price in mind for a certain player. And you'd be a bit off to think Zack Moss was worth four mill a year. Maybe 2 with another 2 possible in incentives. But, come on. Lots of guys like him are going to be available.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
This organization is a joke. I’m a Cowboys fan for life but man, it’s hard to justify what this team does every freaking year. And I’m not talking about this player specifically.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
This organization is a joke. I’m a Cowboys fan for life but man, it’s hard to justify what this team does every freaking year. And I’m not talking about this player specifically.
You can’t justify it. It’s a joke especially after last years disaster draft class.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don't see us doing anything at safety. I think Dallas is happier with the trio of Hooker, Wilson and Bell than you are.
Maybe Dan Quinn was not sure Mike Zimmer is. They signed Wilson and Hooker to ridiculous extensions so no they probably won’t do much at safety.

Reaction score
I do think having Tyler and Richards to compete for LT and Bass to step in at LG if Tyler wins is the primary reason we don't seem to be trying to keep Tyron. I don't know how it will work out. Obviously, center is the main line concern since Hoffman is our only option there right now. I do think, though, that we are eyeing the three early picks there (Powers-Johnson, Barton and Frazier), knowing one of those will be available for us in the first round and possibly even with a slight trade-down a la Frederick.
If the first round comes and goes without a center pick I'll be sad,,, again. Maybe Mazi can be our center, what does he weigh now, about 250?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lemme explain this. You have a price in mind for a certain player. And you'd be a bit off to think Zack Moss was worth four mill a year. Maybe 2 with another 2 possible in incentives. But, come on. Lots of guys like him are going to be available.
They apparently weren't trying to sign lots of guys. I just think it's pretty bad a guy they targeted was too expensive at 8 million for 2 years. That tells me they set their sights pretty darn low. Any team trying to win in the playoffs should set their sights a bit higher to fill a big void on their roster. Just my opinion

Mr_437

Reaction score
:facepalm: This is what we're dealing with. If that's a comfort level, guys just sit this one out.

coult44

Reaction score
If we can’t give a third teir running back 4 million per year. Every Cowboys fan should converge on the star tomorrow for an insurrection. It’s embarrassing!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who is really crying over the loss of this RB, hes not that good.
He is better than anything we currently have on the roster.

If we march Mighty Mouse out there as our starting RB, the tank will be so obvious that Goddell is going to start taking our picks away:laugh:

Staubacher

Reaction score
Imagine being so poorly run that you have the highest valued sports franchise in the world and the biggest attendance in the NFL but you can't afford a mid-tier running back