Twitter: Cowboys were interested in WR Watkins

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Expect a lot of this over the next few days.

"Cowboys were interested, but not at what he got paid."

That is how you stay relevant, folks.

Dallas can't even compete in free agency at the moment and have many of the mighty pen strokes to even look remotely presentable to free agents looking to get paid.

This is leaked fluff meant to calm the restless fan base who can't quite understand how they do things.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
How would Dallas pay another wr?

I have to think they have a zero percent chance of signing a wr. We have 5 of them already.

robjay04

Reaction score

Dallas can't even compete in free agency at the moment and have many of the mighty pen strokes to even look remotely presentable to free agents looking to get paid.

This is leaked fluff meant to calm the restless fan base who can't quite understand how they do things.

Well I am glad they are not competing to sign an average player to an elite contract.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score

It’s not about winning Alexander, it’s about saving $

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But honestly, would you have been happy if it was Dallas paying Watkins $48 million over the next three years?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It’s not about winning Alexander, it’s about saving $
and staying relevant, which was his point.

I'd be curious of Dallas made an actual dollar amount offer and if so, how far off they were. I don't want to pay $16M for Sammy Watkins either but I'd like to know if our offers are realistic.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes other teams help us keep from signing a injured player or over priced player.

But we can still complain when we did not sign an oft injured or overpriced player...it is the CBZ way.
Even if it was best for the Cowboys there is still complaining.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like the idea of John Brown or a trade for Corey Coleman.

Moncrief isn't a bad option.

Sydla

Reaction score

This is the FO floating BS to appease fans.

Hey, we are trying!

jrumann59

Reaction score
But honestly, would you have been happy if it was Dallas paying Watkins $48 million over the next three years?
Nope but hey if they did, they at least did something. I think most of CBZ would prefer the days of huge FA signings that accomplished nothing like Rivera, Carr, Hamlin, etc.