Twitter: Cowboys were interested in WR Watkins

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That may have been at one time...now the negative FAR outweighs that. Not even close now.

Forum has many more bitter old women at the nursing home compared to happy fans in a rainbow room.
I agree, and I think he will get worse in years to come......but, our incompetent FO has earned it......Jerry can't understand why the fanbase isn't just satisfied with the stadium and his #1 ranking in Forbes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ridicule comes from the idea that they could even compete if they wanted to.

So they leak out something like this to the media and it is part of a PR ploy.

That's the real funny part.

I'd say that's up to you to interpret. If you want to believe that there was no interest, nobody can tell you any different.

But there remains the possibility that they did actually inquire and found a price that they weren't willing to pay.

Wisely weren't willing to pay.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
22 years without contending for a Super Bowl is going to sour a fan base, especially when there is one constant over that time.

I still see a lot of apologists here. To me the biggest difference is their rebuttals are more and more infantile. A lot less supporting evidence and debatable opinion, and more name calling. Which to be fair, you could have said about the realists or more negative posters 10/15 years ago. Team Optimism is slowly running out of excuses.

I see WAY more negative posters than positive posters when it comes to the front office.

You yourself said it...22 years without a superbowl will do that.

However I will not make the argument that there are a bunch of "apologists" out there just keeping the "realist" from complaining all the time.

It has gotten to the point with many that no matter what the circumstance is, they have to make sure it is negative.

In one thread they might even admit it would be stupid to pay a high dollar contract for a specific player and in another thread complain about them not getting some players or making up some kind of lame conspiracy theory that they are only saying it to placate the fans.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I like Paul Richardson from the Seahawks. Tall...fast....good hands.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$16MM for Watkins’ production is literally paying him twice what he’s worth.

3/$48 to KC is insane.

And they doubled-down on the insane contract with what they grossly overpaid Hitchens. All of those cuts and trades to so quickly do this?

:facepalm:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But there remains the possibility that they did actually inquire and found a price that they weren't willing to pay.

It is no reason to applaud them.

It is like commending someone for their restraint for when they walk into a Mercedes show room penniless and leave after admiring the vehicles.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I can't tell, is that sarcasm?

Me, I'm just looking for honesty. If you're lamenting the fact that Dallas didn't pay Watkins $16 million, come out and say it on record, rather than just using it as something to criticize the Cowboys about.

I'm glad that they didn't do either of the deals the Chiefs reportedly made. With Watkins or Hitchens. Both look to be grossly overpaid.

It was sarcasm, I am also glad they did not overpay for the offensive version of (possibly) Sean Lee

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is like commending someone for their restraint for when they walk into a Mercedes show room penniless and leave after admiring the vehicles.

Sorry, but that's just what I will do here.

It was stupid to pay that much for Sammy Watkins, a first round disappointment who has never played up to his billing and has well-documented foot issues.

I applaud the Cowboys for not doing it.
:clap:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then get prepared for what he will cost.

He will get Albert Wilson money at the very least, 3 years $24M.

Which he's not worth either.

Give me Donte Moncrief if the Ravens don't overpay for him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expect a lot of this over the next few days.

"Cowboys were interested, but not at what he got paid."

That is how you stay relevant, folks.

Dallas can't even compete in free agency at the moment and have many of the mighty pen strokes to even look remotely presentable to free agents looking to get paid.

This is leaked fluff meant to calm the restless fan base who can't quite understand how they do things.

Wait and see what I do to your next thread.

JustChip

Reaction score
Sometimes other teams help us keep from signing a injured player or over priced player.

But we can still complain when we did not sign an oft injured or overpriced player...it is the CBZ way.

Fans always look at the best-case scenario and completely dismiss the possibility of the wort-case scenario. Sure, Sammy may come in and do what he hasn’t before, but he may also be what he’s been. Dump Dez and restructure someone’s contract so you can sign Sammy may work out, but if it doesn’t, you’re in a worse situation than rolling with Dez for one more year & then cutting ties if his struggles continue. You may still be willing to do the Sammy deal, but at least acknowledge it might not be all sunshine and lollipops.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You think they would of added a guy like Watkins with Dez?
I took the paycut talk as an advantage had we signed a guy like Watkins to a more reasonable deal and then told Dez to take a pay cut or get cut.

But now missing out on Watkins, and seeing what he got, I doubt we hold any advantage/bluff about a paycut or get cut move.
No way is Watkins worth that kind of money.....they're paying elite money for mediocre talent much like we are.........just because the Chiefs overpaid dearly doesn't make Dez' contract look good.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see our incompetent GM to raise Dez' contract instead of reducing it because of Watkins contract.

jrumann59

Reaction score

more like walking into the same showroom and buying the busted one out back sitting on 2 donuts and two flat tires and paying MSRP

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wait and see what I do to your next thread.
CBI1B1J.gif