Twitter: Cowboys were interested in WR Watkins

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Chiefs are spending like drunken sailors. 16 mil/yr for Watkins, and then 9 mil/yr for Hitchens. That's insane.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If we signed Watkins, fans would be like: "MISTAKE!!! Didn't we learn from Dez's contract! Our QB sucks, we can't use him! Our FO sucks!"

But we didn't sign Watkins. Now fans are like: "We're not even trying to be competitive! We need a WR and Jerry didn't get one! Our FO sucks!"

Some people just want to *****.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Why would we even waste time with interest? Lol Sammy obviously was getting big money. Stephen is a clown just like his daddy. Unless (interest) means they asked what he’s been getting offered and then hung up the phone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why would we even waste time with interest? Lol Sammy obviously was getting big money. Stephen is a clown just like his daddy. Unless (interest) means they asked what he’s been getting offered and then hung up the phone.
Keeps the fans happy. They are trying, but being smart with the money. Can't you see that?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
If we signed Watkins, fans would be like: "MISTAKE!!! Didn't we learn from Dez's contract! Our QB sucks, we can't use him! Our FO sucks!"

But we didn't sign Watkins. Now fans are like: "We're not even trying to be competitive! We need a WR and Jerry didn't get one! Our FO sucks!"

Some people just want to *****.
Whiners gonna whine no matter what the team does

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Jerry called and asked if he had Prince Albert in the can

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The deal for Richardson is pretty reasonable....about 8m a year if what I read was right. Would have done that well before any of these other deals for WR.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Expect a lot of this over the next few days.

"Cowboys were interested, but not at what he got paid."

That is how you stay relevant, folks.

Dallas can't even compete in free agency at the moment and have many of the mighty pen strokes to even look remotely presentable to free agents looking to get paid.

This is leaked fluff meant to calm the restless fan base who can't quite understand how they do things.

I mean would it really matter with all the holes we have, horrible coaching, no GM, and a bad owner? This team is not a few players away from a super bowl or anything. Dak and Zeke will lead the team to 8-8.. which is pretty much our average for 22 years.

Aven8

Reaction score
We are always interested and we never do anything. Ever. We are a laughing stock and just the thought of putting out a tweet like this is embarrassing. Our FO is old and out of date. We have the look of a winning franchise but it's just that, looks.

Only way to save this thing is to bring in a new HC with some clout and authority and show these fools what it takes to win and the roadmap to get there!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Only way to save this thing is to bring in a new HC with some clout and authority and show these fools what it takes to win and the roadmap to get there!
So this new head coach is going to whip both Jerry and Stephen Jones into shape?

Have not seen that since Coach Parcells. Good luck finding that guy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How would Dallas pay another wr?

I have to think they have a zero percent chance of signing a wr. We have 5 of them already.

They would cut an expensive one currently on the roster.

I think they're certain of signing at least one, even if they keep Dez. Is Noah Brown supposed to be the primary (and only) backup at true wideout?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Bills didn't want to pay Watkins. The Rams didn't want to pay Watkins.

And something tells me the Chiefs will regret paying Watkins after he catches something like 55 passes for 850 yards and five TD's next year. Remember, we have no idea what Patrick Mahomes will be at QB for them.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
So this new head coach is going to whip both Jerry and Stephen Jones into shape?

Have not seen that since Coach Parcells. Good luck finding that guy.
Need more luck seeing Jerry hire another one with nads.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is the receiver I wanted, but not at that price.

What makes free agency as tough as the draft is that you really don't know if you're going to get your money's worth. This is why the Jones' strategy has been to not overpay.

If Watkins is a game-changer, he's worth the money spent, but few FA acquisitions turn out to be game-changers. So while I want Dallas to do something to improve this team, I have a hard time being mad at the Joneses for not giving this kind of contract the Watkins.

I don't want to shop in the bargain bin, but I don't want to pay a premium for a little better quality. There are only a few players in FA worth that. The rest are being overpaid.

hutch1254

Reaction score
So glad someone else took Watkins. Not sure what the fuss is about. I don't think he's anywhere near elite.