Cowboys will be fine at TE in 2023

baltcowboy

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, Broaddus who was at OTA’s reported that Schoon was the only rookie working with the vets and had plenty of TE1 reps. Could be they want to get him up to speed fast or could be he’s ahead of where we think he is.

Additionally, he mentioned Ferguson has lost some weight and is looking to be more explosive. I honestly thought he was a YAC monster last year but if he’s ever better without sacrificing blocking or anything then I love our trio.

Like you said, him and Hendershot would’ve been totally fine for me to start the season. I like how they compliment eachother. Schoon ideally would be a bit of both.
Sounds like they will be running lots of 12 personnel with Schoonmaker/Ferguson. They want that blocking tight end out there. Off topic, I don’t think the Cowboys want Hopkins because he does not fit the offense. They are set with the top 3 wideouts.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think cowboys over drafted Schoonmaker a little, perhaps their worry was that they wanted him in 3rd, but with the run on TEs, they were afraid he wasn't going to be there, so they reached a little. I would have preferred Torrence and maybe a trade up in 3rd to ensure they get him. or even a slight trade down and still get him.
There was no way he was getting anywhere near pick 90. Brenton Strange & Tucker Kraft didn't even get near pick 90.

75boyz

Reaction score
I thought they were fine with what they had already. Regardless of Schultz leaving and before the 2nd round pick.

GMO415

Reaction score
With Lamb, Cooks, and Gallup in the route tree, yeah the TE's should feast.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the RB room..They need to add another 20 carry back.. Thinking Pollard will stay healthy all year is fools gold..
I know it goes against logical thinking, but I think Leupke will be the heavy duty runner when we need the tough yards. I really like his game and he is not a true fb in the sense that he can't run... He can

And he can catch too

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Personally, once I saw Fergie play for us I knew that Shultz was gone. Like the addition of The " " Maker (Insert TD, First Down, Space as you see fit). We may actually be stronger this year in the TE room than a season ago despite the big numbers Shultz put up.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well with the news now that Schoonmaker has plantar fasciitis, that will be a problem for him all year. Will affect his play. I'm no doctor, but I watched Marcus Welby, M.D. growing up., and that could be a pain in the arse for a football player, not just the foot.

Yep, 2nd round.. :facepalm:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Schoonmaker is well established as an all-around solid TE, who excels in blocking and highly capable of success in receiving skills.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schoonmaker is well established as an all-around solid TE, who excels in blocking and highly capable of success in receiving skills.
Apparently is he next in line behind Pollard scheduled for an amputation.