Cowboys will be in the Super Bowl next season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rockport, Jan 24, 2020.

1. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

14,494 Messages
    12,076 Likes Received
    If they pull off a great draft, a masterful free agent period. Get some of our under performing “stars” to play like they want it bad
    They might be able to get to the playoffs
    That’s the first goal

Whyjerry and Rayman70 like this.
  2. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    4,128 Likes Received
    (You) The Cowboys will be in the Superbowl next season.....

(Me) What song will they be performing?

Captain-Crash likes this.
  3. pentatwirl

pentatwirl Active Member

62 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    We are the Champions by Queen?

4. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,612 Messages
    5,995 Likes Received
    Now that Garrett's ***** *** is gone I believe anything is possible too. Kinda weird.

Rockport, Whyjerry and Rayman70 like this.
  5. cowboysfan99

cowboysfan99 Well-Known Member

226 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I’d take this bet.

Rockport likes this.
  6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,104 Messages
    14,135 Likes Received
    Garrett should have never been a HC. He may be a decent OC...but even that is a stretch. We have squandered a ton of talent under his reign. LARGE part of the teams issues was situational decisions and lack of leadership and adjusting...both sides of the ball. Lets say this, the defense regressed in 2019. Our leaders like DLAW AND Jaylon and LVE failed to deliver. NONE of them looked like they did in 2018. Sean Lee was the lone bright spot and that's sayin something. Tackling was optional.

Whyjerry likes this.
  7. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,010 Messages
    15,391 Likes Received
    Would be nice

8. Wizarus

Wizarus Well-Known Member

730 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Sounds like that time of year again.

9. SoupcanSam

SoupcanSam Well-Known Member

4,893 Messages
    6,877 Likes Received
    Funny you say that, I'm relocating to Clearwater florida in 7 months. Tampa is about 21 miles from there.

But I have zero idea how many cowboy games I will get there compared to the amount we get in the dc/Maryland area.

10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,019 Messages
    15,697 Likes Received
    Ridiculous? I don’t think so.

11. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

6,701 Messages
    10,671 Likes Received
    Any fan of any team could make the same claim. After 25 years you are hoping to eventually be right. Over a long enough period you will be. It’s kind of like a Markov Chain or the Drunkards Walk. Every football season or step of the drunk is independent. But with enough steps it is a mathematical certainty the drunk will fall off the cliff. Enough NFL seasons and even the Cowboys will again.

So keep on predicting...

12. Rockport

18,019 Messages
    15,697 Likes Received

13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

57,368 Messages
    99,350 Likes Received
    HAHAHAHA

Rockport likes this.
  14. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

849 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    How'd they get tickets so soon?

15. Rockport

18,019 Messages
    15,697 Likes Received
    It beats being always negative like yourself.

16. Whyjerry

6,701 Messages
    10,671 Likes Received
    See you are not getting it. I am not being negative. I am just providing my opinion of what has happened based on 25 years of futility. It’s backward looking and based in fact. You are just predicting next year is definitely SB. Recent history suggests there is no chance. You will eventually be right but it could take a while. So keep on doing that while the rest of us deal in reality.

17. Rockport

18,019 Messages
    15,697 Likes Received
    What the he’ll does the last 25 years have anything to do with this year? By your reasoning then they will never win.

18. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

18,690 Messages
    34,721 Likes Received
    I've reached the point where I just want to see the Cowboys win a Super Bowl before I die. Kinda sad since I was only 31 years old when Dallas won SB XXX.

Thanks, Jerry. :facepalm:

Whyjerry likes this.
  19. Whyjerry

6,701 Messages
    10,671 Likes Received
    That’s the point. It doesn’t when you are talking about next season. Also I am pretty clear they are going to win again. You said next season and I say no frigging way based on what they have been doing for 25 years. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

20. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,328 Messages
    7,994 Likes Received
    Mmm. There’s a chance. I feel like we’ll go far based off the fact that there are so many changes at all positions on the coaching staff, and we have yet to see what will happen in the draft and FA, but regardless, changes are coming. I feel like that alone is going to push us farther, as we’ll be more unpredictable this year, however, I have my doubts. I know no one wants to hear this, but I’ll say it again, it will all depend on Dak’s play and the defense. If the defense improves, I’ll have no worries. If Dak plays like he did in the first half of the season CONSISTENTLY through the next season, we’re definitely Super Bowl Bound. However, if the team acts like it did in the 2nd half of the season (aka, sluggish and slow, which may be solved by more discipline by the coaching staff) we’re in for a ride. Alas, I am looking forward to the next season.

Rockport likes this.