CFZ Cowboys will have the most rookie starters in NFC at beginning of season

Jarntt

Reaction score
Guyton and Beebe for sure. Who are the other two? We assume Carson is starting, but I'm not sure it's a slam dunk for week 1 although I definitely think they want him to start. We'll call that #3.
Who is the 4th? Kneeland? He won't be starting

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
It’s easy to be excited about the 2024 Cowboys rookie class. As of today, 7 rookies made the 53 man roster and likely 4 of those rookies are projected to either start or see significant playing time in Cleveland. We will learn a lot about these rookies starting next Sunday. So far, this rookie class has outshined the 2023 class.

So who will our rookie starters likely be for opening night in Cleveland? As of today it will be LT Tyler Guyton, C Cooper Bebee, CB Caelen Carson and LB Marist Liafau. DE Marshawn Kneeland will also probably see significant snaps as well. I’m very excited to see how these guys perform under the regular season bright lights.

Also, it’s interesting to see that the Cowboys starting 4 rookies is the most in the NFC. This will change as the season goes along of course, but as of today here are how many rookie starters each NFC team will have according the depth charts provided at “Our Lads”:
  • Cowboys: 4
  • Rams, giants: 3
  • Bears, packers, Bucs, cards: 2
  • Niners, lions, egirls, vikings, panthers, saints, commanders: 1
  • Falcons, seahawks: 0
Starting 4 rookies is exciting but does also have some roller coaster qualities. Even the most talented rookies can have great games followed by a bad one. All part of the learning process. Starting multiple rookies is a two sided coin. It speaks well of their talent and potential to start right away.

But rookies can also have a learning curve that takes some patience. It’s extremely rare for a rookie to immediately be a starter and play at a consistently high level. We will see starting next Sunday. Can’t wait to see how these guys perform.
It's amazing how one year's draft can be so poor and the next year be so promising.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Carson and ML are starting due to injuries so I’m not sure it really counts. Carson will obviously sit once Bland is back, but I expect ML to claim that job considering Overshown has shown absolutely zero.
how so?

whose hurt at LB, no one starting game 1 and Kendricks wasnt playing PS anyway? he earned the spot. Just stop. not sure what LB scheme they are using but Liafu, Overshown and Kendricks will all start in a 4-3 type alignment. their are all considered starters in Zimmer D on most alignments he like 3 lbers..

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how so?

whose hurt at LB, no one starting game 1 and Kendricks wasnt playing PS anyway? he earned the spot. Just stop. not sure what LB scheme they are using but Liafu, Overshown and Kendricks will all start in a 4-3 type alignment. their are all considered starters in Zimmer D on most alignments he like 3 lbers..
Yeah...Quinn is gone and Zimmer likes the traditional style of LB's.

gtb1943

Reaction score
thanks to Creeper for his research
on the surface this supports the Jethro minions claim we draft as well as anyone
but once again looking under the surface that claim is with an ASTERISK since we do not use FA like we should
IF we did, some of those picks would be gone for better players gotten in FA

rambo2

Reaction score
Amazing how much better we are drafting OL than DL.

One side a hit on almost every early pick. The other side a bust on almost every early pick.

Imagine if we had hit as big on defense as offense . Might have had much more success this era.
See Parsons, Diggs, Bland

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guyton and Beebe for sure. Who are the other two? We assume Carson is starting, but I'm not sure it's a slam dunk for week 1 although I definitely think they want him to start. We'll call that #3.
There is no doubt that Carson is starting.

Kneeland is one of their best run stoppers so yeah he's starting. I'm betting Micah is playing LB on those early downs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s easy to be excited about the 2024 Cowboys rookie class. As of today, 7 rookies made the 53 man roster and likely 4 of those rookies are projected to either start or see significant playing time in Cleveland. We will learn a lot about these rookies starting next Sunday. So far, this rookie class has outshined the 2023 class.

So who will our rookie starters likely be for opening night in Cleveland? As of today it will be LT Tyler Guyton, C Cooper Bebee, CB Caelen Carson and LB Marist Liafau. DE Marshawn Kneeland will also probably see significant snaps as well. I’m very excited to see how these guys perform under the regular season bright lights.

Also, it’s interesting to see that the Cowboys starting 4 rookies is the most in the NFC. This will change as the season goes along of course, but as of today here are how many rookie starters each NFC team will have according the depth charts provided at “Our Lads”:
Starting 4 rookies is exciting but does also have some roller coaster qualities. Even the most talented rookies can have great games followed by a bad one. All part of the learning process. Starting multiple rookies is a two sided coin. It speaks well of their talent and potential to start right away.

But rookies can also have a learning curve that takes some patience. It’s extremely rare for a rookie to immediately be a starter and play at a consistently high level. We will see starting next Sunday. Can’t wait to see how these guys perform.
They’re going to get baptized under fire for sure. They’ll have some bonehead plays but will also have some great plays. In time, they’ll become more consistent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we will find out. Clearly, those 2 lineman are doing GREAT job so far, so that draft is a success just if those two hit.
I think both of those guys along with Tyler are going to be beasts to deal with especially in the run game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of these young players better hit the ground running because if they don’t, this season could go south real quick. Anytime you enter a season with a lot of young inexperienced players it’s a concern.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I feel that Guyton, Beebe, Cason, and will play in the first game. But did the Cowboys officially announce them as starters? Broaddus keeps saying certain guys are getting 1st team reps over the rookies.

Jarntt

Reaction score
There is no doubt that Carson is starting.

Kneeland is one of their best run stoppers so yeah he's starting. I'm betting Micah is playing LB on those early downs.
There is doubt on Carson until he is named the starter. But, like I said, I do think he will be starting and I am excited to see how he does because I think this kid is going to be good.
I do not think Kneeland is going to be "starting". He will play a ton of course, but will not likely be starting IMO

CCBoy

Reaction score

We shall shortly see the importance of leadership in team developments.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My understanding is we will be starting these rookies in Cle:
  • LT Tyler Guyton
  • C Cooper Bebee
  • LB Marist Liafu
  • CB Caelen Carson (for Bland)
Obviously something could change, but that was the depth chart I saw this morning.