CFZ Cowboys will have the most rookie starters in NFC at beginning of season

Proof

Reaction score
Amazing how much better we are drafting OL than DL.

One side a hit on almost every early pick. The other side a bust on almost every early pick.

Imagine if we had hit as big on defense as offense . Might have had much more success this era.
yeah it's pretty crazy, but they also invest first rounders in the OL much more often. something that's been on my mind recently is how defensive player have the ability to individually impact the game much more than offensive players (sans qb) other than micah we just really haven't had a gamewrecker in quite some time, and i almost feel like the returns on defense are probably bigger.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s easy to be excited about the 2024 Cowboys rookie class. As of today, 7 rookies made the 53 man roster and likely 4 of those rookies are projected to either start or see significant playing time in Cleveland. We will learn a lot about these rookies starting next Sunday. So far, this rookie class has outshined the 2023 class.

So who will our rookie starters likely be for opening night in Cleveland? As of today it will be LT Tyler Guyton, C Cooper Bebee, CB Caelen Carson and LB Marist Liafau. DE Marshawn Kneeland will also probably see significant snaps as well. I’m very excited to see how these guys perform under the regular season bright lights.

Also, it’s interesting to see that the Cowboys starting 4 rookies is the most in the NFC. This will change as the season goes along of course, but as of today here are how many rookie starters each NFC team will have according the depth charts provided at “Our Lads”:
  • Cowboys: 4
  • Rams, giants: 3
  • Bears, packers, Bucs, cards: 2
  • Niners, lions, egirls, vikings, panthers, saints, commanders: 1
  • Falcons, seahawks: 0
Starting 4 rookies is exciting but does also have some roller coaster qualities. Even the most talented rookies can have great games followed by a bad one. All part of the learning process. Starting multiple rookies is a two sided coin. It speaks well of their talent and potential to start right away.

But rookies can also have a learning curve that takes some patience. It’s extremely rare for a rookie to immediately be a starter and play at a consistently high level. We will see starting next Sunday. Can’t wait to see how these guys perform.
Well said, BH. I can't wait to see our rookies starting this season either. Yes, they will have some growing pains, but in the long run (later half of the season going forward), this should definitely help the Cowboys!

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s easy to be excited about the 2024 Cowboys rookie class. As of today, 7 rookies made the 53 man roster and likely 4 of those rookies are projected to either start or see significant playing time in Cleveland. We will learn a lot about these rookies starting next Sunday. So far, this rookie class has outshined the 2023 class.

So who will our rookie starters likely be for opening night in Cleveland? As of today it will be LT Tyler Guyton, C Cooper Bebee, CB Caelen Carson and LB Marist Liafau. DE Marshawn Kneeland will also probably see significant snaps as well. I’m very excited to see how these guys perform under the regular season bright lights.

Also, it’s interesting to see that the Cowboys starting 4 rookies is the most in the NFC. This will change as the season goes along of course, but as of today here are how many rookie starters each NFC team will have according the depth charts provided at “Our Lads”:
  • Cowboys: 4
  • Rams, giants: 3
  • Bears, packers, Bucs, cards: 2
  • Niners, lions, egirls, vikings, panthers, saints, commanders: 1
  • Falcons, seahawks: 0
Starting 4 rookies is exciting but does also have some roller coaster qualities. Even the most talented rookies can have great games followed by a bad one. All part of the learning process. Starting multiple rookies is a two sided coin. It speaks well of their talent and potential to start right away.

But rookies can also have a learning curve that takes some patience. It’s extremely rare for a rookie to immediately be a starter and play at a consistently high level. We will see starting next Sunday. Can’t wait to see how these guys perform.
Was this not predictable after we purged several of our FA's from last season and that we don't participate in FA???

rambo2

Reaction score
He was a LB when we drafted him, but you would have to actually follow football to understand such complex matters.
Follow it a lot more than you do. He is going to play some linebacker this year. He mainly played defensive end last year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
yeah you just said musa. musa smith is a retired running back
I no where thought that was undeclared cash being brought into country and subject to being confiscation. The listing for large sized defensive tackles has now been verified multiple times. Fraud was not offered on defensive tackles at any point. You declaring further, a special inspection on entry to conversation?

:muttley::popcorn:

The Cowboys got Cook and Elliott. Concerning positional group.

Smith the running back was associated with the Jets and Baltimore.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dalvin Cook - 29
NFL career - 8 seasons
1349 NFL total carries
6207 total NFL yards

Ezekiel Elliott - 29
NFL career - 9 seasons
2065 NFL total carries
8904 total NFL yards

Top yard producers and number of carries/top 31:

4409 18,355
3838 16,726
3735 16,000
3063 15,269
3230 14,918
3479 13,366
2996 13,259
2936 12,739
2395 12,312
2836 12,279
3028 12,246
3022 12,243
2949 12,120
2877 12,074
2534 11,695
2764 11,438
2916 11,352
2618 11,241
2404 11,236...

2400-2600 10,000+ Tendency

There well could be strong life left in both Elliott and Cook.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Was this not predictable after we purged several of our FA's from last season and that we don't participate in FA???
You could have had Richards or Edoga, Hoffman, Overshown and one of the DB's replace all of them. Instead, the first 5 picks all outplayed the people in front of them.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I don’t know how to do it but you’ve got to give the rookies a break in the season so they don’t get injured. I wouldn’t be shy about sitting a rookie at the first sign of a tweaked knee or rolled ankle. I think you just want to avoid surgeries.