Twitter: Cowboys will talk with Dez Bryant

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Having an over paid Dez is not good for the team. But Go Cowboys!!!
Who do you want to spend the 2-4m that Dez is being "overpaid" and is that the last possible cap space available??

Crying over and cutting your best WR over 2-4m is a joke

We are 5m under the cap right now and haven't touched Dez, TSmith, SLee, DLaw, ZMartin, TCrawford, Beasley, Hanna.....etc

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There's been multiple, separate statements by Stephen over the past month. It's very obvious what he's been doing

Oh I see if someone is asked a question then you're for not answering it or lying instead of telling the truth. It's been no secret even before any of the Jones' made any statement that Bryant would be asked to take a pay cut. Just about every NFL analyst, former player, coach and GM started saying that long before any statement was made by Jerry or Stephen because Bryant's production has dropped way off and isn't considered an elite #1 receiver anymore so expecting elite #1 receiver pay is a problem.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I think it hurts the team on the field more than it helps them financially for a release at this point. And I think everyone realizes that.

Don't say everyone. Many of the NFL analysts, former players, coaches and GM's have said Bryant very well could be a cap casualty because not many if any think he's still an elite #1 receiver and shouldn't get paid like one. Having a 16.5 mil cap hit for someone who's not an elite #1 receiver and plays more like a #2 receiver to save 8.5 mil by cutting him over 16.5 for over paying for his lack of production sounds pretty good to a lot of people including those that make a living reporting these type of things.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't say everyone. Many of the NFL analysts, former players, coaches and GM's have said Bryant very well could be a cap casualty because not many if any think he's still an elite #1 receiver and shouldn't get paid like one. Having a 16.5 mil cap hit for someone who's not an elite #1 receiver and plays more like a #2 receiver to save 8.5 mil by cutting him over 16.5 for over paying for his lack of production sounds pretty good to a lot of people including those that make a living reporting these type of things.

Well then I disagree with those people.

If they were actually ever considering cutting him (and Jerry still hasn't), the time to do it has passed. There is all loss and no gain, other than cap space that they don't need and can't use for very much at this point.

You lose the best receiver your team has, and gain nothing outside the ledger

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well then I disagree with those people.

If they were actually ever considering cutting him (and Jerry still hasn't), the time to do it has passed. There is all loss and no gain, other than cap space that they don't need and can't use for very much at this point.

You lose the best receiver your team has, and gain nothing outside the ledger

Oh I see you are now THE authority when it comes to keeping or releasing Bryant. Did Jerry give to that title? Even if the Cowboys only end up with a receiver that only matches Bryant's numbers from last year which isn't hard by anyone's stretch of their imagination, then the Cowboys have won because they just saved 8.5 mil by showing Bryant the door.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I see you are now THE authority when it comes to keeping or releasing Bryant. Did Jerry give to that title?

Yeah, at the same meeting where you were named "Official Forum Jackass", remember?

The guy who job entails arguing with anyone and everyone even if he doesn't actually have a point or a case. Your reputation from the last place nobody wanted you in precedes you.

Even if the Cowboys only end up with a receiver that only matches Bryant's numbers from last year which isn't hard by anyone's stretch of their imagination, then the Cowboys have won because they just saved 8.5 mil by showing Bryant the door.

And that guy's not here.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, at the same meeting where you were named "Official Forum Jackass", remember?

The guy who job entails arguing with anyone and everyone even if he doesn't actually have a point or a case. Your reputation from the last place nobody wanted you in precedes you.

Oh gee your little rant really hurt me. I don't know how I'll ever be able to handle that. Let me know when your mentality makes it past 5 years old.