Cowboys won't tag Pollard

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am dead against spending much of anything on a RB, but Jacobs could make sense in this case.

They could go with what they already have to round out the room, and position fixed. No other FA back does that IMO, Henry included.

They put themselves in this spot by knowing they would need to replace both Elliott and Pollard in consecutive years and doing nothing about it in the draft. No worries, they got this roster building thing.

1942willys

Reaction score
Spot on brother.Their basic run principles coupled with Solari's new technique teachings, particularly with Steele, left a lot to be desired.
And that's an understatement.

Put any RB back there and he would have got met at the LOS or behind it for a loss.

Truly pathetic coaching that will require way more than just a different name at RB in order to be fixed.
Steele was just flat out not ready to play.
but the scheme sucked
playcalling sucked

Motorola

Reaction score
Forget Pollard for a minute.
Everybody's next slice of bread RB Bijan Robinson DIDN’T CRACK 1,000 YARDS WITH ATLANTA.
He wouldn't have with Dallas either with the same incompetent 3 Stooges calling epic failure run schemes/philosophies...

Makes sense to run it back with McFraud, Schott and Solari leading that same run game plan.

How'd that run the damn ball and rest the defense thing work out again?

Yeah, it was all Pollard's fault.
Robinson only averaged 12.6 carries per game! That's crazy.
That's one of things that led to Falcons HC Arthur Smith getting fired.
Only 5 games did Robinson rushed the ball 15 times or more...22, 19, 18, 16, 15. Two games with 14 attempts each.
The other 9 games - 12 carries or less.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Pollard isn't a bad back IMO. I just don't think he is 'the dood' you want to run your running game through. He is a good complimentary player though. If some team can get him in that role, I think he'll do just fine.

jgboys1

Reaction score
This is a relief! You just never know with this team.
For a billionaire, Jerry loves throwing away bad money after bad money.

The real test will be in a few weeks, when the real big contract is going to be due.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard isn't a bad back IMO. I just don't think he is 'the dood' you want to run your running game through. He is a good complimentary player though. If some team can get him in that role, I think he'll do just fine.
His speed is gone.

rambo2

Reaction score
For a billionaire, Jerry loves throwing away bad money after bad money.

The real test will be in a few weeks, when the real big contract is going to be due.

Come on, I read that he is cheap.

jgboys1

Reaction score
So many gms can do better than 12 wins a year.
12 years every season doesn’t really mean much if all you are going to do is get knocked out in the first round. It’s the same old dance for the past 29 years. I think this team needs to take several steps back and try and rebuild. This way of doing things ain’t working and to tell you the truth, I think this team will have a hard time winning 12 games next season.

rambo2

Reaction score
12 years every season doesn’t really mean much if all you are going to do is get knocked out in the first round. It’s the same old dance for the past 29 years. I think this team needs to take several steps back and try and rebuild. This way of doing things ain’t working and to tell you the truth, I think this team will have a hard time winning 12 games next season.
It's hard to win 12 games every year.

1942willys

Reaction score
It's hard to win 12 games every year.
so what?
But then of course all you care about just like Jerry is that the boys are relevant
pretenders not contenders but they are relevant
have not sniffed the deep playoffs in almost thirty years but they are relevant
will never win another SB but they are relevant

rambo2

Reaction score
so what?
But then of course all you care about just like Jerry is that the boys are relevant
pretenders not contenders but they are relevant
have not sniffed the deep playoffs in almost thirty years but they are relevant
will never win another SB but they are relevant
BS

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’d like a guy like Josh Jacobs. Dude has some serious power and nastiness with the way he runs, and he he has some wheels to break it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a good complimentary back but he isn't a carry-Dak type of back. But then again, few are.