Cowboys won't tag Pollard

rambo2

Reaction score
It is good news to actually read this.
Because he should not have been tagged last year.

It was typical of the stuff this team does. So it is good news.
They tagged Dak, he got injured, then signed him to a huge deal anyway. Now paying a big price for that.
It's pretty obvious that they aren't tagging anybody.

CWR

Reaction score
I didn't realize it was a consideration..

Hardline

Reaction score
Forget Pollard for a minute.
Everybody's next slice of bread RB Bijan Robinson didn't crack 1,000 with Atlanta.
He wouldn't have with Dallas either with the same incompetent 3 Stooges calling epic failure run schemes/philosophies...

Makes sense to run it back with McFraud, Schott and Solari leading that same run game plan.

How'd that run the damn ball and rest the defense thing work out again?

Yeah, it was all Pollard's fault.
Robinson would've gotten 25-30 carries a game here. He would've put up 1400 yards.

75boyz

Reaction score
Robinson would've gotten 25-30 carries a game here. He would've put up 1400 yards.
I guess I don't have as much faith in McFraud, Schott and Solari's met at or behind the LOS run scheme. Regardless of running back.

I guess the do over with the same coaches but supposedly more talented backs is the answer.

Seeing is believing for me.

I think this run game coaching braintrust trio couldn't get a 4.0 ypc avg outta prime Tony D, Emmitt or Zeke myself.

jmo

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if we’re going the FA route, Swift…….rather we not go the FA route for an RB though.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I guess I don't have as much faith in McFraud, Schott and Solari's met at or behind the LOS run scheme. Regardless of running back.

I guess the do over with the same coaches but supposedly more talented backs is the answer.

Seeing is believing for me.

I think this run game coaching braintrust trio couldn't get a 4.0 ypc avg outta prime Tony D, Emmitt or Zeke myself.

jmo
I'm glad to see people calling out the awful run scheme last year. Some of the crap going on was mind boggling. Slow developing plays where linemen pulled and left weakside defenders completely unblocked? Ridiculous. Even once it was obvious that it wasn't working they didn't adjust.

If they keep the same mentality next year, the run game is going to suck regardless of who they draft or sign.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm glad to see people calling out the awful run scheme last year. Some of the crap going on was mind boggling. Slow developing plays where linemen pulled and left weakside defenders completely unblocked? Ridiculous. Even once it was obvious that it wasn't working they didn't adjust.

If they keep the same mentality next year, the run game is going to suck regardless of who they draft or sign.
Green Bay playbook.

Big Mike calling what he knows.

KMoore was missed.

Btw, scrub RBs won’t get it done.

75boyz

Reaction score

Spot on brother.Their basic run principles coupled with Solari's new technique teachings, particularly with Steele, left a lot to be desired.
And that's an understatement.

Put any RB back there and he would have got met at the LOS or behind it for a loss.

Truly pathetic coaching that will require way more than just a different name at RB in order to be fixed.

Big_D

Reaction score
Holy ketchup, was that even being considered?
The team just doesn’t make smart decisions. Why would they tag him last year coming off an injury? Unfortunately any quality decisions they do make are offset with head scratchers like that and a whole slew of others over the years. Common sense seems to be lost with this front office. Getting this decision right is actually a surprise at this point.