Cowboys won't tag Pollard

MikeT22

Reaction score
so what?
But then of course all you care about just like Jerry is that the boys are relevant
pretenders not contenders but they are relevant
have not sniffed the deep playoffs in almost thirty years but they are relevant
will never win another SB but they are relevant
Bingo!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I am dead against spending much of anything on a RB, but Jacobs could make sense in this case.

They could go with what they already have to round out the room, and position fixed. No other FA back does that IMO, Henry included.

They put themselves in this spot by knowing they would need to replace both Elliott and Pollard in consecutive years and doing nothing about it in the draft. No worries, they got this roster building thing.
RB1 in the 1st fixes this mess.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Just think he wants too much to come here
He can ask for whatever he wants....no one is gonna pay him what he thinks. He will have to settle for a lot less along with the other backs like Pollard and Henry, even Jacobs. Not a great time to be a vet RB in the NFL.

ICP

Reaction score
Good, maybe they can draft/sign a short yardage back and bring Pollard back in as a pass catching, change of pace. I don't see it happening but one can wish. He was much better down the stretch but still not a Bell Cow #1

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You don't want Pollard back if Cowboys offer him that?

Good post.
Well it doesnt matter what I want, I am not in charge lol.
Pollard needed time to get back in shape, our OL is lacking, blocking schemes are not good, and play calling by mike has been bad.
So no matter what rb we use, they are going to have to overcome the above, and that is hard to do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Well it doesnt matter what I want, I am not in charge lol.
Pollard needed time to get back in shape, our OL is lacking, blocking schemes are not good, and play calling by mike has been bad.
So no matter what rb we use, they are going to have to overcome the above, and that is hard to do.
I know Jerry liked Tony.

But he should have been passed over on that $10million tag.

He's not the same player. That injury robbed him of his speed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I know Jerry liked Tony.

But he should have been passed over on that $10million tag.

He's not the same player. That injury robbed him of his speed.
Well I think it takes time to get back to the shape he was in before he got the leg broken.
I knew he would not get there last season. Problem is the jones boys expected him to do that lol. That is on them as usual.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Shouldn’t of tagged him last year.. should of drafted a rb in the 2nd or third and used that 10 mil somewhere else..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's good, the offensive line was bad, remember? They couldn't run block but did perfectly fine pass blocking. REMEMBER?